Finally

Daany

After trying loads off home loads iv decide on what suits the tikka 223 best, these were at 200 m the pen dot is about a 5pence coin probly a little less you can see the size off the c target center mark that should give you a idea on my group, top left shot was taken by the wind a little but I'm still happy at that F485360B-287D-4585-91D5-FA1D9BF74137-283

I'd of liked to put the last one touching the rest, only thing is using that round if say I put 10 rounds 1after each other through it and the barrel gets hot it does open up abit, does any one els have the same problem, this is using a 40 grain jacket head tip with 28.5 grains of blc-2

I'd of liked to put the last one touching the rest, only thing is using that round if say I put 10 rounds 1after each other through it and the barrel gets hot it does open up abit, does any one els have the same problem, this is using a 40 grain jacket head tip with 28.5 grains of blc-2

It's normal to see a change of some sort as the barrel warms up, when zeroing its better to pause for a minute or so between shots with the bolt open and chamber empty to allow for cooling (better for the barrel too I expect).

Sometimes the shots fall progressively higher or lower, sometimes the group simply expands but in real life you won't often fire a third in a row so it's not worth worrying about - simply zero the rifle with a cool barrel (as it would be for a real life shot) and you'll be happy all around.

"Fliers" can also be down to the "nut behind the bolt" obviously, take your time - the only thing on your mind should be the crosshairs where you want them, with practice you'll find the trigger happens subconsciously and scares the **** out of you the first few times but that's how it should be; press your finger on the trigger just shy of it "breaking", hold that tension and concentrate on the sights being in the right place. The rifle will go off "all by itself" and if you did everything right you'll also see the sights go straight up and back down to where they were.