night sights

wolverine

hello all

having just got my firearms licence, I would like some info.

I have a military spec night vision monocular sight, has anyone any experience of setting one of these to a normal centre fire rifle, if not, does, anyone have any info on a good night vision sight, price , quality, range, etc.

The foxes I'm after are now light shy, on an outdoor pig breeding unit and can they run !!!!!!!!!

anyone have any info on a good night vision sight, price , quality, range,

There are all sorts to choose from.

You want one that can be used in daylight as well.

Daylight can screw up night sights.

There was a ban on America exporting Generation 3 night vision equipment but that might be lifted now that the technology has been superseded.

Put "night vision rifle scope" into Google(without the quotes).

One that it came up with was http://www.nightvisionweb.com/y_565_day_night.htm

and 1_dns3.jpg

http://www.x20.org/nightvision/day_night_v...apon_sights.htm

I doubt they are likely to want to advertise on PW.

HI guys

Thanks for the info, I'm trying to stay away from the russian sights, they look like they need a trailer to move them about. My sight is ex military, apparently ex Falklands so it sounds 20 years out of date but still good for 150 yards.

I'll keep looking, in the mean time I'm going to start baiting opposite our straw stack in the hope that old foxy will not feel too shy until of course, he does the double somersault !!!

Have you lot got any experience of the night sights or do you prefer the lamp job ?

Hi Woverine

I use a lamp, admit I am now find it difficult to get him to stop for a shot. :lol:

Chased one for round for 20min :D:D before he gave me the slip.

It seems everyone in the area has it in for Charlie :D (and missed apparently :*) :*) ) so he wont come anywhere near.

Lamping is on the increase, one time there were only 3 of us in the area but now who knows.

I manage but it is becomming harder.

Would be interested to see if night scopes works before I lay and dosh out (Yorkshire man etc etc) :D

I have just upgraded my NV sight and now have a NS156 Gen1 scope. They really are usefull on a small to medium sized shoot where the bunnies soon become lamp shy. On the other hand on large shoots the gen 1 (cheapest) scopes are not really up to it. They are good for spotting at about 100Yrds but if there is lots of land then I found the bunnies dont tend to be as lamp shy.

If your bunnies are lamp shy then try one, if not then stick with the lamp :D

If anyone here is near worthing and interested in trying an NV sight then email me and you are welcome to have a go.

The first sight I got was an canadian one, and I didnt keep it for very long. However on the recommendation of the NV guru at airgunbbs I got the NS156 and with a lamp and ir filter it is as close to green daylight you can get for under £300 :lol:

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your info.

I had a not too sucessfull night at a local gunsmiths trying to find a 22.250, silenced and ready to take my night sight. A new rifle £550 before 4 shot mag and scope mounts. I just need a Gen2 nightsight or the MP3 scope out of Deben, anyone any experience of this one.

Also, why is a silencer such a big deal on muzzle strain :lol:

Anyway, anyone have a 22.250 for sale before I start the trawl through the gunsmiths. It must be hard and practical before prettyness.

Happy hunting