Daystate MK3

bruno22rf

After years of struggling to see the point of owning a Daystate I have done the unthinkable and bought one .Its a 2006 MK3 sporter I think-any current/previous owners willing to share info would be on my xmas card list in a flash as I have broken it once already (my eternal gratitude to R&K Stockraft of Stoney Stratford who are blooming brilliant and fixed my gun in record time even though I bought the gun elsewhere).Any thoughts on charge pressure,best pellets etc??

After years of struggling to see the point of owning a Daystate I have done the unthinkable and bought one .Its a 2006 MK3 sporter I think-any current/previous owners willing to share info would be on my xmas card list in a flash as I have broken it once already (my eternal gratitude to R&K Stockraft of Stoney Stratford who are blooming brilliant and fixed my gun in record time even though I bought the gun elsewhere).Any thoughts on charge pressure,best pellets etc??

What calibre is it?

1) Charge the gun every month, electrically that is not air!

2) If it is really hissing down, put it back in the gun back and find shelter, I know they are supposed to be waterproof but better safe than sorry!

3) If it does not fire when you pull the trigger, relax, finger off trigger then try again, still does not work? Flip the safety on and off!

4) When you are laid up prone shooting or after about 15 minutes of stalking, switch the safety on, as it has an annoying habit of beeping at you and going into safe mode on it's own. The beep might scare any prey off! It happens at 20 minutes to save battery power and can be a pain in the posterior if it happens and you forget to switch the safety on and off!

How doth I knowest so much?

DSC00057.jpg

Meet Dr Syn!

Edited by secretagentmole

Bullet Boy-its .177 (the only calibre for hunting!!).Thanks for replies so far-mine is similar to yours,Mole,but without the thumbhole stock-bit of an odd beast cos its a left hand stock with a r/h bolt and has a 5 digit serial number that Daystate cannot locate although they have no doubt that their engraver messed up!! Bought from Shooting Supplies in Bromsgrove (seem like a nice bunch of lads) fully serviced for £450-is that a fair price? They warned me of several marks in the woodwork before I travelled all the way to the shop but I think they were being ultra critical cos I can only see one tiny one-two others turned out to be sticky residue from something or other and have wiped off.Well pleased with it so far but too early to say that its a better gun that my AA S400 was.

I paid £700 for mine, with 12 litre 300 bar air tank and full charging kit,second magazine, Hogan Decimeater silencer, a Tasco scope that was quickly replaced with a Hawke, Harris Bipod, target box, targets, pellets, cleaning kit, gun lamp, 2 cans gun spray, cleaning rod kit and a first edition of the Total Airguns book, oh and a gun bag too!

£450 from a shop is a good price!

Oh and 3 Opinel folding knives too!

Edited by secretagentmole

Bullet Boy-its .177 (the only calibre for hunting!!).Thanks for replies so far-mine is similar to yours,Mole,but without the thumbhole stock-bit of an odd beast cos its a left hand stock with a r/h bolt and has a 5 digit serial number that Daystate cannot locate although they have no doubt that their engraver messed up!! Bought from Shooting Supplies in Bromsgrove (seem like a nice bunch of lads) fully serviced for £450-is that a fair price? They warned me of several marks in the woodwork before I travelled all the way to the shop but I think they were being ultra critical cos I can only see one tiny one-two others turned out to be sticky residue from something or other and have wiped off.Well pleased with it so far but too early to say that its a better gun that my AA S400 was.

I agree on the smaller calibre in non FAC for hunting bud.

I haven't had a Mk3 although I did fancy one at one time.

All I can say is I use .177 Bisley Magnums in all my Daystate rifles and tbh they are extremely accurate and hard hitting.

My mate uses .177 H+N Field Target Trophy pellets in his Huntsman Classic and these are very accurate too.

Hope my advice helps you bud.

ATB.

Max charge pressure is officially 230bar I discovered that filling mine (when i had one) that 200 - 210 gave best results. I was told at Daystate that their air cylinders don't have a pressure release valve as the cylinders will happily contain over 300bar. Not sure I would ever want to subject the gun to that sort of pressure though.

The battery pack on the Mk3 were generally soldered onto the circuit board which means it either has to go back to Daystate for a battery change or you will need to know someone who is happy to wield a soldering iron when the time comes. Battery seems to last around 3 years+

Daystate don't have a complete record of all the rifles produced - I can't remember now what the reason for that was.

Useful info always available on Daystate Owners Club site

Good advice above re keeping it charged each month, never had any probs with my Mk3 or either Mk 4's I've owned as far as rain or wet was concerned but maybe I was just lucky with the earlier rifles, I'd have complete confidence in my current Daystate as far as the electronics being wet proof

Enjoy!!

Edited by SakoQuad