had a call from a chicken farmer.

mace1966

had a call from a guy who has a duck and chicken farm and had been finding ducks with heads off all over, so we had a nip down and set a net up something we have never done before but as it was still light and a good few hours before dark and we knew Charlie was coming in the day and at night so who knows, anyway we set up and sat with a coffee had nothing but a few rabbit jumping around, as dark approached the moon was very bright and we were lit up, we had a walk around to break the night up and took a few bunnies with the rimmie and as we lamped about an ORANGE flash on the hill then went out so as we made our way back to the hide to sit down I put the call on again and sure enough the light orange eyes came down the hill and never even stopped for a look just kept coming don't think she had been lamped b4, so as we had a great back stop with the hill my son took the shot with the .223 it was a hit but the eyes were still jumping about but with a shout from me Charlie stood and the next round was a chest shot and that was that happy ducks. The next morning I had a call from another chicken farmer who had seen a large dog fox run from his barn with one of his bantoms the day before so we tried that night and not even a glimmer of orange eyes so we went home under the impression he was comming in the day so we had the same idea with the hide, After two phone calls to my son at 5am the next morning I knew I was on my own today so off I went, I arrived at 5.15 as it was just down the rd which helps any outing, I set up with a great hedge behind me looking out over three fields with a thick hedge at 150yrds, I put the call on a fence on the other side of the field to the left of the hedge and sat down with a coffee yet again, after a couple of hours I was scouting around and seen a flash of white in the hedge went back and sure enough it was old Charlie popping his head through looking right at the call, I gently lifted the .223 to the tri-pod and as I had put two rounds in I clicked off the safe breathed out and CLICK I hadn't chambered the round the fox looked right at me down the scope I had to stay very still until he turned back to the call so I could load the round, with the scope fixed on his head he looked my way again then turned to go back in the hedge that's when I took the shot and with the very familiar pop and another happy chicken farmer, the only trouble is he wasn't the big dog fox that he had explained to me but an old scraggy dog but one less never the less.

post-63904-0-54068300-1369772834_thumb.jpg

post-63904-0-16828600-1369772842_thumb.jpg