keeping advice needed

well just really asking for some advice really. i recently applied for are part time keeping job just a few days awwek as i have a little bit of expirence but not alot and thought it would help me along the way in a few yers time if and other jobs came up. but iv worked with the head keeper a few day and he packed in for a better job offer on another shoot and iv been asked, well been told to become the head keeper which i wasnt to sure about. but i was just asking for some advice please fellas.

Adam

impossible to say without knowing either u or the job or ur boss and the numbers of birds/ shoot days involved. Even if u have a decent day job are u going to pack it in to be a keeper and no job security?

It may not be ideal situation but it may be a cracking chance to get ur foot in the door. If ur employers understand the situ GO FOR IT, many on here would cut there body parts off and sell there grannies to get an opportunity like that. It's the type off thing that will either break u or make u as a keeper

I know a few keepers now who never used to be keepers and were thrown right in the deep end (in 1 case a very deep end) and came out the other side as cracking keepers, most important thing i'd say is if u have a few good keepers (esp ur ex head keeper who will know the estate) in ur phone book who u can phone when things aren't going right who will give u decent honest advice or even come out and give u a hand/advise,

A lot off keepers i know would happily help out a young keeper if they are keen and willing to learn,

Never be scared to pick up the phone and ask someone more experienced than u, u'd be surprised how often keepers are on the phone to other keepers asking advice and bouncing ideas around

If ur mad keen, not got a decent day job or a trade or something that u will walk straight back into a decent job again if it doesn't go well, and have a few mates who are decent keepers and still on good terms with the ex-head keeper,so u have plenty of advice available

I'd say go for it, u may never get another chance again but far too many unkowns for any advice on here really to be worth much.

Really a life changing decision, i certanly wouldn't be putting much wieght on wot some people who have never met me on the internet think

Good luck wotever

How many birds, rearing/poults how many days bag size is it a head keepers job or is it single handed never looks good if the beat/under keeper has more of an idea than the head keeper. if u think you can cope with the job and this is wot u really want to do then grab it with both hands just remember that there aren't many jobs about at the moment and a lot of good keepers are without jobs

I sort off red between the lines and persumed (rightly or wrongly) it's realy a single handed job rather than a 'proper' head keepers job, there would have to be some major issues for either a beat/under keeper not to be offered the job before urself.

If it is a true head keepers job and u will have existing full time keepers under u, i would guess be some fairly major politics involved and some very unhappy keepers at not gettin the big job