Tech 2 needed

darren m

here goes , its a 3.0l trooper v plate

started her up , engine starts ok , ticking over rough though ie shaking , so i got underneath to check engine mounts it was that bad .i think they look ok , bit dark need a torch.

Then took it for a short drive , boy it felt rough , seems like it wont pull through any of the gears 1st 2nd 3rd 4th all the same
( did,nt get far enough to use 5th ) , brought it straight back home to sit on the drive.

sitting in the cab engine running and you can notice the shake and does,nt sound quite right either. engine is really rocking .Also rattles/rocks when you turn the engine off.
its starting fine , heater plug light goes out , fires up more or less first turn of the key and will pull away but is rough as ****, so dare not use it

does this indicate a diesel starvation fault or something else

previously its been running great , oil pressure dial looks ok ( ticking over at 85 ) not had any running probs .

any ideas chaps
thanks

Injectors????????? Has it had the recall work? Mine ran like pooh and was that. Got done foc but would have cost well over a grand if not under the recall.

Also worth a check is the hose in the sump that draws the oil around the injector system, mine was split and made it a nightmare, very easy and cheap to do ( minus oil change) so worth a thought.