Very good week

pete1dart

Evening guys

It's been a while since I could post anything half respectable. I had the afternoon off on Monday so decided to give the peas a go. I have 2 bale hides on a large field one on top the hill and the other in the dip. Pigeons have been building on this field for a couple of weeks with around 400 most afternoons. Decided to give the top bale hide a go again.

I didn't have the magnet this time as I found it was putting them off when I shot it last with 37 being shot. So with just 12 decoys out I was set up by 1500. Shooting was steady for the first few hours. I managed 20 by 1800. Then from 1815 it was very steady with birds coming from everywhere. It was frustrating at times as birds were flying past the bale hide and going to the dip but it was getting on and I didn't want to move.

I ended up with 72 and a crow. Packed up at 2015. The bag would have been a lot better if I could shoot to my left. The problem being houses and a road that way. I had to be very disciplined and was once again cursing my luck. I reckon if I could shoot to the left I would have had 100+! A good start.

No matter what pattern or magnet or bouncer I put out I cannot channel the birds to my right. It's doing my head in! They have made there mind up that to the left of the bale hide is safest and nothing is going to change there mind!

The old man went up the next day, looked at the peas but nothing doing so had a drive over the other side of the farm. There he found a grass field which will be cut for seed. Last years spring barley is poking through it from last year. Saw some pigeons buzzing around and 500 lifted when he drove round. He had 15 tat day but was in the wrong spot.

Today he went back to that field. And got into the right spot. Spoke to him at 3 he had 50. I then got a txt just before 2000 to say 'ton up'. The lucky ******! He's not home yet so I don't know what his final bag is. I'm a bit gutted but chuffed for him. I was going to shoot it Saturday and I have never had 100. This is only his second but 2 in a year is all I'm going to hear now!

So nearly 200 in a week that I know of so far. I hope there are some left for Saturday!

Pete

He finished with 102. The benefits of being retired. The problem is jdog, he has shot up there for 30 years so really it's his! It is the only place he goes to really. I have branched out and found land of my own and he knows he is always welcome to join me.

He has had to put up with every Tom **** and Harry shooting up there. The place used to be shot out but now it is just for the beating team to use. Most of them don't shoot so it is untouched for a good chunk of the week. I suppose he is just reaping the rewards of sticking out the bad times and now getting the good.

He's still a miserable old sod tho!

He finished with 102. The benefits of being retired. The problem is jdog, he has shot up there for 30 years so really it's his! It is the only place he goes to really. I have branched out and found land of my own and he knows he is always welcome to join me.

He has had to put up with every Tom **** and Harry shooting up there. The place used to be shot out but now it is just for the beating team to use. Most of them don't shoot so it is untouched for a good chunk of the week. I suppose he is just reaping the rewards of sticking out the bad times and now getting the good.

He's still a miserable old sod tho!

Good reply.