More political correctness!

roadkill

I don't much like christmas myself. You may call me miserable, but I don't believe it's right. If you are a christian, who believes in all this god stuff, then fine. I don't go to church unless I have to for a wedding etc, so why should I make a big fuss on the 25th? I go along with it in the background because all my family are into it, but only as much as I have to! As for taming it for other religions, it is the british digging their own hole to jump in. I'm not bothered if the indian (or whatever else he may be) wants to pray all the time, let him carry on and just dock his wages for the time if need be. I'm sure they couldn't care less about what we do either :angry:

So would you mind if Christmas was replaced by a muslin festival then. :no:

G.M.

Unfortunately they do seem to be taking over.

In Birmingham the lights went up a couple of months ago to celebrate Devali and were then left up for our Christmas. But in Bradford the lights were put up for Devali and then removed. When it was time for the Christmas decorations to go up the Asian Lord Mayor refused to allow them citing that they couldn’t afford the £22,000 cost.

Seems that they could afford it for an ethnic celebration though.

We had the same thing in Tower hamlets on Bonfire night, where the Asian councillor for cultural activities decide not to have a Guy Fawkes but instead had a mythical Indian legend put in place, then and used the council funds to buy the fireworks for that.

They are not just taking over…..they are taking the Pee. :angry:

G.M.

3/4 of British firms won't be celebrating Christmas 'cause it's gonna save them squillions :angry: Call me scrooge if you like but I agree this damn money spinner has gone too far. Started in August/September, ads on tv in the stores etc etc. Enough is enough. It's just a retail con trick these days.

well i am basically anti all religion, not an athiest nor agnostic, and so basically i don't really care if christmas was to do with anything, its still a fun festive period where you look forward to the coming winter season.

I also believe that it was mixed up with other pagan festivals... but nontheless its fun to have people over for presents and festive fun, whatever you believe in, and all this hype about other religions "taking over" doesn't really seem plausable, in a mainly christian country, even if it means not offending them.

yet christmas nowadays isn't just about religions, its about commercial marketing, with adverts going on the tv shouting "its christmas!" in November!

and to talk about the banning of the cards and decorations, i do think thats a bit far, but i think they're using it as an excuse to save money, and perhaps health and safety..

christmas will always be christmas in my mind anyway :angry:

How many school do english celibrations now days like harvest festival?

Justme

The nursery where my Mrs works they celebrated davarle had the food did the songs and dances.. When it came to harvest festival they were told to choose songs that didn't mention god in them ...