Pigeon watch meet lucy ...

smirff

My new lab lucy ...this is my first pup so might be asking a few questions in the coming months and years... My first question lol ... Whats the best way to keep a pup cool in this heat ? as I read pups find it harder regulating their body temperature ... at the moment im just making sure she has plenty of fresh water a place to lie in the shade.

Great site this cheers lads.

post-53255-0-77844600-1374253396_thumb.jpg

Lot of new Lab pups appearing lately on here ..... cockers must be "so last year darling!"

Plenty of available water and shade is always a good thing and avoid walks in the heat, keep them short and when it's cooler when you do.

Nice pup there Smurff, the young un looks well chuffed. Good luck with her.

DaveL

Put water on a dogs chest that what they do in the wild by instinct, just plonk down in a puddle.

Nice Lab pup, feeding is the biggest problem when getting a new pup...if you give her what they say on the packet she will soon become very thin.

The best advice I could give is look at your dog if it looks fat cut her food down, if thin increase it....enjoy your new family member.