Benelli Supernova

luxxyman

I've an opportunity to purchase a Benelli Supernova (Black) with 24" barrel its secondhand and appears to be in very good condition only thing is it only comes with one choke and has no choke key or shim kit!

The seller is wanting £375 for it.......is this a Good deal?

Opinions please

Thanks

IIRC mine came with a weedy plastic job. I use the choke key that came with my M2 for all of my guns. You can pick up a metal choke key for a few quid so i wouldn't let it put you off

What type of choke key would I need......could you provide me with any links to one?

Also,where would be the best place (cheapest) for the other two chokes?

Thanks

I've never bought chokes for mine as the Improved Cylinder (1/4) just stays in mine permanently. A quick google search shows them for £40 here http://www.sportingtargets.co.uk/gunshop/3/+Shotguns+anddd+Accesories/622/ChokeKeys/Benelli+Chokes/17923

As for the choke key, they're pretty much universal, you can get them from any gunshop, ebay, amazon etc

I've never bought chokes for mine as the Improved Cylinder (1/4) just stays in mine permanently. A quick google search shows them for £40 here http://www.sportingtargets.co.uk/gunshop/3/+Shotguns+anddd+Accesories/622/ChokeKeys/Benelli+Chokes/17923

As for the choke key, they're pretty much universal, you can get them from any gunshop, ebay, amazon etc

Thanks for your help......oh forgot to ask on the gun there is some foreend rattle(movement) is this normal?

Thanks

Thanks for your help......oh forgot to ask on the gun there is some foreend rattle(movement) is this normal?

Thanks

Yes, there is to some extent on all pump-actions. You can reduce it by tightening the nuts of the action bars but that comes at the expense of making it slightly harder to rack the pump

Well......just got home after a 3hr round trip and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. The gun was not a Supernova,but a Nova and in my opinion well used with regards to condition.....so looks like the search continues......

Anyone have a Supernova for sale??

Oh.....thanks for all the comments guys!

A bit late now but worth knowing all the same, if you don`t have a choke key and you have a gun with Beretta style chokes (This may work with other makes, it`s just that I don`t know if that is the case) use a 20p piece to do them up, or undo them.

The edge of the coin is a perfect fit into the choke slots.

It really works. Give it a try!

Good luck finding one Luxxyman. You won't be dissapointed. If I had to get rid of one of my shotguns, the Beretta would go, much as I love it. The Supernova mounts much for me ( I DID use the shim kit), I prefer the sight picture, and even the swing (24 inch barrel but heavier than my A400 Light). Cracking gun.