Drink+Drugs

Big Marty

I wouldn't say that, not every young person takes drugs, it's the groups you knoc around with, from what I see it's normally a idiot who the group looks up to, it only takes one idiot to take drugs and the others follow like sheep. Seems as tho people in these groups cannot think independently.

Sorry goodo am not saying all younger people not by any means. Just some certain groups.

Cant stress enough that i dont hang around or mix in these groups, its my future brother-in law and his crowd and they are a good 15 years younger than me.

Totally agree with the rest of your post

As someone that has been there it's very hard to break free.. you have to remove yourself from the situations completely

I totally agree.

My partner works with a guy who is hooked on Cocaine, he says he wants to give up, but when he sees his friends at the weekends he just gives in because it is all around him. He's only 23 , so maybe he's giving into peer pressure and does not want to come across as not to fit in or appear boring!

As someone that has been there it's very hard to break free.. you have to remove yourself from the situations completely

totally agree mate, and working the doors doesnt help..we tend to become de-sensortised to drugs and booze becouse seeing people off there faces every weekend becomes normall...ive got home at night with £100s of druggs in my pocket which ive taken off people thru the course of the night and just forgot to put in the box at the time....just used to flush it down the toilet when i found it...god nose what i would have done if pulled over by the police!!! now i just tip it down the drian as and when we find it.

Edited by archie1234

drinking kills more people in the uk than all the illegal drugs put together

tomorrow have to go to my friends wife's funeral who don exactly that drunk her self to death vodka

50 years old was told last year to stop or it would kill her,she must of thought the doctors were kidding

5ft 5" tall weighed 5.5 stones when she died ,and was the same colour as marge Simpson.

very sad she just could not stop.

rip tina x

Drugs and alcohol kill but I work with people bright enought to make a choice. If they wan tfl stuff their noses...

well i am pretty stupid then!!!!!!!! ...and learnt my lesson on one night and hardly every touched anything since...I was in a dark place in my life and lucky that I realised that

totally agree mate, and working the doors doesnt help..we tend to become de-sensortised to drugs and booze becouse seeing people off there faces every weekend becomes normall...ive got home at night with £100s of druggs in my pocket which ive taken off people thru the course of the night and just forgot to put in the box at the time....just used to flush it down the toilet when i found it...god nose what i would have done if pulled over by the police!!! now i just tip it down the drian as and when we find it.

I know hate any white powders....be it coke, phet, etc.......

I totally agree.

My partner works with a guy who is hooked on Cocaine, he says he wants to give up, but when he sees his friends at the weekends he just gives in because it is all around him. He's only 23 , so maybe he's giving into peer pressure and does not want to come across as not to fit in or appear boring!

if its free its very very hard to turn down......

well i am pretty stupid then!!!!!!!! ...and learnt my lesson on one night and hardly every touched anything since...I was in a dark place in my life and lucky that I realised that

I know hate any white powders....be it coke, phet, etc.......

if its free its very very hard to turn down......

You did make a good choice by not carrying on

alot of people seem to think large amounts of junkies is a new thing, its been going on since at least the 50's probably earlier and the 60's they say if you can remember it you wer'nt there, the eras since have seen different drugs come along and become fashionable for a while but basically some members of society will inevitably try it and some will not make it. if you really want to see how bad it can get look at americas meth problem and pray we dont follow that path here.

I had a customer who sold his business for £20 million, and was pressured by his wife to 'Look after the kids whilst they were young enough to enjoy it'.

He gave them both (son and daughter) £2 million each. He told me that this was the worst thing that he ever did.

The lad went through (crashed) various exotic cars, and his father told me that he lived in daily fear of his son taking to drugs. Luckily he didn't.

The daughter was much smarter and bought a 'decent' house to live in.

I am very fond of saying that I ain't young enough to know all of the answers, but it seems to me that peer pressure has a huge part to play in becoming addicted (to alcohol, drugs, whatever). Also, the media makes very light of celebs drug taking.

If only the downside of taking drugs had more publicity then perhaps the attraction would diminish.

But there again, I don't profess to know all of the answers. All I can do is to have a huge amount of sympathy for families where members are affected by drug taking. Fortunately my kids have not been attracted.