Schmidt & Bender 'Zenith' scope

steve_b_wales

I have finally decided to part with the above 'scope. After changing my mind many times about keeping it/selling it, I am now going to put it up for sale.

It's a 2.5 -10 x 56 scope and apart from some scratches on the tube, is in excellent working order. The marks were caused when a 'friend' fitted the scope to the rifle for me. He 'forgot' to put the plastic inserts into the scope rings, and when the scope was fitted, it was still loose in the rings. When the scope was turned, the rings took some of the finish off the tube. This has not affected the working of this superb scope one bit. There are no crimp marks, and the glass is scratch free.

The reason I am selling it, is because it's too good a scope for my needs. It's currently on my .243, which I have not used for over 6 months, and when it's used, I only use it for lamping. To use a scope that costs £1300+ for shooting foxes at night is just plain crazy. It was originally bought for when I did stalking, and it came into it's own when I did this. Now, because I use my 22-250 95% of the time, I want to sell the scope and fit a good quality but cheaper new or 2nd hand scope on the .243 instead.

The photo's show the marks on the tube, but as I've said, this in no way affects the scope itself.

I'm asking £875 for this scope, which will include pp by registered/insured post. I'm happy to take a 50% non returnable deposit( unless another buyer is found) and will keep the scope for you, for up to 3 months.

SOLD

Zenith 111.jpg

Zenith 222.jpg

Hi steve i have a very good condition schmid and bender 8x56 would you be intrested in a px with cash your way ?

No thanks, as I'm looking into purchasing a Zeiss variable power scope from a friend who I work with.

Thanks for the offer though. I used to have a S&B 8x56 on my Sako 75, and it was excellent.

As I've mentioned to another member who contacted me (via PM) regarding a part exchange, if you can sell your scope, I'm happy to wait until the sale goes through if you want mine.

This is a superb scope, and as I stated in my advert, I'm only selling it because it's too good a scope to use just for lamping.

Steve.