got a herniated disc in my lower back,what are my options.

RED BEARD

how does amitryptalin work

my wife as been given these for back pain , but it says take 30mg ( to start ) at night.

so how can it help during the day when your most active

thanks

Amitriptylene is an off patent tricyclic antidepressant , when the patent expired for its use as an antidepressant in order to stop every other Tom **** and Harry in the pharmacutical industry from copying it they had to find another reason to patent it again , they decided that it was usefull as a mild pain reliever ( this is common practice by the pharmacutical industry when drugs patents expire to protect profits) , it gave me a headache and my friend became psychotic through its use , did nothing whatsoever for pain relief for either of us, in fact I can't think of anyone who has said its any good for pain relief . Your GP is probably doing what he thinks is best as he has been told by a rep and the industry that it works for pain relief and has no reason to not believe them , the list of side effects for tricyclic antidepressants is massive and is drug was never designed to be an analgesic, google " tricyclic antidepressants " if you want to know more Edited by Twistedsanity

Although it says on te box it's for epilepsy, nerve pain and depression I just took 2 every night amd it seemed to help me, it relaxes the muscles that tense up around ur nerve and muscle pain to release tension. I felt quite abit better after a week, then run out and had naproxin in the house and that didn't seem to work very well, I have tried them all and the ones that really work will cause u the most problems aswell.

Amitriptylene is an off patent tricyclic antidepressant , when the patent expired for its use as an antidepressant in order to stop every other Tom **** and Harry in the pharmacutical industry from copying it they had to find another reason to patent it again , they decided that it was usefull as a mild pain reliever ( this is common practice by the pharmacutical industry when drugs patents expire to protect profits) , it gave me a headache and my friend became psychotic through its use , did nothing whatsoever for pain relief for either of us, in fact I can't think of anyone who has said its any good for pain relief . Your GP is probably doing what he thinks is best as he has been told by a rep and the industry that it works for pain relief and has no reason to not believe them , the list of side effects for tricyclic antidepressants is massive and is drug was never designed to be an analgesic, google " tricyclic antidepressants " if you want to know more

Like you have, and 4+4 equals 10.