Lost zero...?

houlsby

Took the .223 out tonight to test a few new loads. Also had 16 of the old batch left so shot them first.

Only to find, the rifle wasn't even on a barn door, nemind paper!

It's literally been out of the truck and into the cabinet twice. It's not been dropped, rammed, anything.

I'm using a Niko nighteater 10-50-60, optilox, tikka m55.

Any advice people?

Was same Zoro point, I left a stick in the ground marking it. Good weather again..

Just can't sum it up?

Take your scope and mounts off, take the ring's off the mounts and start over again making sure all bolts are tight.

try a few shots without the mod,then with,if it's still bad then try another scope.

It has got to be one of the abovementioned. Or your crown is u/so or you're barrel, but I doubt it either of those.

Iv had the mod off a few times. Didn't realise that effected poi tho?

Taking the mod on and off wont affect the poi, but if its loose on the threads, or something inside the mod is loose or falling apart it will. As Dougy has said, a few shots without the mod will tell you if that's the problem or not

Lots could have happened. Before re-zeroing, check its on the recoil lug and the action screws are tensioned correctly, bolt handle and barrel are clear. mounts are all tight. See if it shoots without the moderator fitted.

In my experience when a gun just suddenly holds no group its often a scope that has let go internally so if things don't improve to at least a group - put a spare / borrowed scope on.

Make sure the mod is tight as mentioned. Try giving it a really thorough clean. If it's still no better after a couple of shots, check the scope and action screws. If they are all tight and as they should be then try rezeroing it. If it still won't hold zero try another scope, which should eliminate if your scope has been damaged or knocked.