Cost of Internet Security

JJsDad

As well as deleting Norton, delete anything with Symantec in the wording, if it won't shift, download and install the Norton Removal Tool, run it, restart your computer and check in add/remove programs to make sure its all gone.

Good advice Norton is a pita to remove but worth doing. I've used avg and avast with no problems

as this is my field of work i would suggest going with avg, however i would download it first, also download malwarebytes and addaware, and the norton removal tool, disconnect from the internet, remove norton, run malwarebytes then install avg and then run addaware.

dont set your self up online with no protection or risk all the buggs and viruses that norton missed making a mockery of your unprotected PC.

Glenn.

I had my laptop repaired a few years ago by a guy that does work for Mids Police, and he installed Comodo - completely free and it's stopped many a virus.....

I use Comodo as well. Never had any problems with it and it works!

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

Just click on Download Now and there you go, free firewall, realtime virus scanning, damned good little suite!

I always use Norton, I get it in the half price sale every year and pay £20, never slowed me down enough to care and I have never had a virus with it and feel much safer as always using my bank card on it, My mate tried bullguard after being told by the shop it was the best, it was full of viruses two weeks later and the computer had to go back to be sorted so would stay clear of that one myself.

If you want to stick with Norton just find it on sale in one of the shops, Argos, pc world, staples etc and just put that in, there is no need to renew online and pay the expensive prices.

As with most things everyone has a opinion what is better you just take your choice.

Edited by smokinggun

I always use Norton, I get it in the half price sale every year and pay £20, never slowed me down enough to care and I have never had a virus with it and feel much safer as always using my bank card on it, My mate tried bullguard after being told by the shop it was the best, it was full of viruses two weeks later and the computer had to go back to be sorted so would stay clear of that one myself.

If you want to stick with Norton just find it on sale in one of the shops, Argos, pc world, staples etc and just put that in, there is no need to renew online and pay the expensive prices.

As with most things everyone has a opinion what is better you just take your choice.

I fully agree whith the above.

Edited by peck