Permission

Chef1982

After months of target shooting I went out today in search of some permission. Can't say I was expecting much, I'm surrounded by land but its all live stock filled and badger watch nature watch etc... So as advised on this very forum I went smart dressed polite and ready for disappointment. How wrong could I be, I have now got about a square mile of shooting permission walking distance from my home. I could not be happier.

Thanks. I picked the local farm and it turned out he owns 350ha of land. all of which I can use with 1 rule, I keep out of the way of his guy shooting foxes at night. I'm happy with that as ill shoot early mornings or evenings. I don't have the equipment to shoot at night.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, little tip google and Yell are your friends.

1) Look for farmers, livery yards, paddocks, golf courses, nurseries (plant type not rug rats), stately homes.

2) Ask if they have a problem with vermin such as grey squirrels, wood pigeons, rats or rabbits.

3) If they say yes, offer your services pro bono!

4) If they say no, ask if they know anybody in the area with a vermin problem that you could help control.

5) If they say yes, phone up the person they recommended you call and say that they recommended you (stretching the truth a little but it can work).

6) Repeat until permission achieved.

It helps to have insurance, SACS is one of the better insurances (covers for all pursuits from Angling to Deer Stalking) for only £35 for a year. Well worth the money!

Ahh I never thought to use google and yell lol. Great idea. When you've done it a few times I often find you can get a bit of a snowball effect too. One of my permissions doubled in size in the day because the neighbour saw what I was doing...and asked if I wanted to sort out the pigeons in their paddock too!

I use BASA insurance..covers airguns and FAC airguns for just £20 a year with £2 million coverage.

-Andrew

Edited by Theskyfox