Problems setting scopes.

Chef1982

Put the gun in a work bench or some other device that holds it firm,

Break a cheap sprit level and get one of the little bubble bits out, place this on the stock at the rear, where the action meets the stock.

Adjust gun until its level, then use a plumb line and set the vertical cross hair to this.

That's what do anyway.

I noticed my sights were out today and when checking them I realised they were loose on the mounts, I'm now struggling to line them back up. Can anyone advise me on how to do this properly as it was done for me before and never used scopes until recently.

If you're new to scopes and worried about re-zeroing you might find this short video useful - For some reason, if you view it on a phone or tablet you don't get any captions come up.

https://www.youtube.com/analytics?o=U#fi=v-qwD5zu7yTeI

Put the gun in a work bench or some other device that holds it firm,

Break a cheap sprit level and get one of the little bubble bits out, place this on the stock at the rear, where the action meets the stock.

Adjust gun until its level, then use a plumb line and set the vertical cross hair to this.

That's what do anyway.

This is what I've always done minus the work bench I just have it on a table on the bipod.

With my HW100 I blu tacked the spirit level bubble in place and left it there.

When you're lining up bunnies you can make sure the rifle is level and vertical post straight by seeing the bubble in your peripheral vision.