A return flight.

JDog

I decided not to go decoying today as I had something on during the early part of the day. Instead I asked a chum and his son if they wanted to come and spend an hour with me between four and five to try and intercept some pigeons returning from feeding.

We lined out behind a tall hedge. Beyond was a sloping field down which I have seen pigeons travelling in some numbers. The closer we stood to the hedge the less time we had to see them but the less time they had to see us. It was anyones guess exactly where they would be but we were 50m apart and at that rate I anticipated that we would cover the line. The first birds over us were 40m up and my friend did not fire at them! I told him that they would all be like that and if he waited for a lower one he would be disappointed.

The flight was pretty good and between us we fired 42 shots and picked 11 pigeons. Just in case anyone thinks that is poor shooting they should have seen the height at which the birds crossed the line.

Edited by JDog