Lamp has Dark Centre..????

Eyefor

Some help / advice please.

I used a Lightforce 140 for the first time yesterday (bought - not new - some time ago) and the lamp has a dark hole in the centre of the light spread - exactly where you don't want it.

I have tried max in & max out on the focusing but, although the size of the hole diminishes as the lamp shroud gets closer to the handle, I run out of adjustment.

This doesn't happen on my 170's so could it have a wrong bulb fitted?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.

Edited by Eyefor

You should also notice another difference. You don't say what wattage you are using. I don't think it'll be 100 in the 140 but just as an example if this was the case, the lamp you took out chucks out 2800 lumens and the one you put in, 3600. Similarly, if its 50, then 900 out and 1600 in. These figures assume Osram. The highest output rating recommended for the 140 is a 75 watt but as far as I know they are only readily available in a vertical fitting...........the 50 watt Osram, HLX 64610 is horizontal and not so very far behind in performance anyway. Should you have found a 75 watt horizontal that is better than the figure (1600 lumens) for the 50 watt Osram, would you be so good as to post the details. Many thanks.

Edited by wymberley

You should also notice another difference. You don't say what wattage you are using. I don't think it'll be 100 in the 140 but just as an example if this was the case, the lamp you took out chucks out 2800 lumens and the one you put in, 3600. Similarly, if its 50, then 900 out and 1600 in. These figures assume Osram. The highest output rating recommended for the 140 is a 75 watt but as far as I know they are only readily available in a vertical fitting...........the 50 watt Osram, HLX 64610 is horizontal and not so very far behind in performance anyway. Should you have found a 75 watt horizontal that is better than the figure (1600 lumens) for the 50 watt Osram, would you be so good as to post the details. Many thanks.

Hi,

The one I've put in is 100W Osram NAED 5428 - which was a spare I had for my 170's.

If the max for the 140 is 75 watt could this damage the lamp?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Eyefor

If you Google NAED you'll realise why the Osram Part Number is different and is HLX 64625 and is the 3600 lumens one that was mentioned.

Yes it could damage the lamp, but you are now aware of the fact so just use it sensibly and keep the 'ON' time down as far as is possible and make sure nothing is getting, shall we say, 'warm'. Obviously, you'll need fuses to suit as you're now pulling more power. To err on the side of caution, the 50 watt one I mentioned earlier has a greater output than any 75 ones I've come across and hence my request.

Remember medlamps.com

If you Google NAED you'll realise why the Osram Part Number is different and is HLX 64625 and is the 3600 lumens one that was mentioned.

Yes it could damage the lamp, but you are now aware of the fact so just use it sensibly and keep the 'ON' time down as far as is possible and make sure nothing is getting, shall we say, 'warm'. Obviously, you'll need fuses to suit as you're now pulling more power. To err on the side of caution, the 50 watt one I mentioned earlier has a greater output than any 75 ones I've come across and hence my request.

Remember medlamps.com

All noted & thanks again for your help.

Very grateful.

I knew that :hmm:

• 4 weeks later...