which rifle for 1st rifle

08shooter

hi guys am presently looking about investing in a rimfire and am hearing both the 22 and 177 sides of the camp.i kind of have my heart set on a semi so that would rule out the smaller calibre.what gun would you advise for a 1st time riflehad my heart set on a cz511 then everybody tells me 10/22,and i don t have any local mates shooting rf to try them.any advice would be appreciated.i would nt be expecting to shoot at anything more than 100 yds.thanks

hi guys am presently looking about investing in a rimfire and am hearing both the 22 and 177 sides of the camp.i kind of have my heart set on a semi so that would rule out the smaller calibre.what gun would you advise for a 1st time riflehad my heart set on a cz511 then everybody tells me 10/22,and i don t have any local mates shooting rf to try them.any advice would be appreciated.i would nt be expecting to shoot at anything more than 100 yds.thanks

if you have your heart set on a semi that means it can only be .22lr or .22mag

you could consider

walther G22

ruger 10/22

remington 597

cz 511

marlin 7000

a second hand krico semi (very good guns)

Rhineland R22

i cant think of any others off the top of my head but this is most of the regular ones.

First gun.... i would think about a bolt action.... they are generally more reliable and more accurate for a smaller amount of money(not always true) with less things potentially to go wrong, less maintaince, larger range of rifles, less ammo fussy as they will cycle almost everything.

CZ452 would be the obvious choice this is avalible in .22lr .22mag and .17hmr, i believe the .17mach 2 model had just been pulled from production.

Ive got the 452 sillouette bolt action in .22....with a sak moderator...reflex scope 4-12x50

only rifle ive ever had but have 2 friends with rifles (both semi-auto's) and have both commented on how much quieter mine is being a bolt action.....

go bolt..... :yes:

go cz452.. :yes:

go on you know you want to.... :lol:

If my advice is of use, i bought my first and only .22rf back in 1987, i dont shoot that many rounds per year probably 500ish, its never let me down once, i went for a Brno bolt action, i was told bolt action gun are more accurate and reliable, but as this is the only one i have ever had and cant see any need to change it after all that time, that would be my advice. If you intend to use it with a sound moderator and subsonic ammo, i think bolt actions are better, only my advice and not wanting to start another debate. :yes:

• 1 month later...