AA S410 leaking air... any thoughts..

louilester

Happy New year to you all :lol: .

After just reading the post about gun care (which I found useful), I thought that I'd also ask another question.

I recently bought an AA S410 second hand from a chap I saw advertising on the internet. All went very well - the rifle was packed very well and arrived (as promised) looking like new.

Over the Christmas break I had a chance to try it out with a few paper targets to zero the scope and after only about 25 shots the gun started to leak from under the bolt area. When the bolt was closed - the leaking seemed to stop, and when it was open a fairly loud hissing could be heard. The preassure gauage was reading a healthy 110 bar so it wasn't the low pressure release valve.

I've dropped it into my local gunshop to be looked at and the very helpful guys behind the counter (and one in front who seems to be there quite often) who all enthuse about the AA S410 (most of the reason for buying this particular gun was their reccomendations) said that it was very strange to have such a problem.

Anyone out there have the same or similar problem?? If so what was it and what fixed it - and did you fix it yourself or get it fixed by a gun shop?

I bought a DVD on servicing the AA S410, but I don't have enough confidence to start tinkering with the internals yet. So I took the 'professional services' route and handed it to someone who I'm hopeful will be able to solve the problem.

I'm now just awaiting a phonecall and a bill I guess. I'm hoping that will be the case and not a phonecall saying that the gun is now an expensive bean growing poll :lol: .

Thanks,

Loui

:lol: try dry-firing a few times (perfectly safe for pcp's), i had a similar problem with one of my rifles & it seemed to work, must have been some debris caught in the valve (happens to everyone occasionally) :lol:

Already panicked on Saturday morning and popped it to the local shop... :lol:

I should have maybe given it a re-charge and tried again I suppose. It might just be lack of use as according to the chap who sold it to me he's not used it that much.

Thanks,

Loui

• 4 weeks later...
All sorted now...

The local dealer found that there was some dirt in the valves and the service they gave it cleared it out and sorted the problem. All fixed for £22.50 which I thought was a fair price.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Loui

:blush: i hate it when i'm right :lol: not a bad price for the service though :good: