Sweep stake

rimfire4969

I have been to quite a few shoots that run a sweep stake. £1 or 2 in the hat on the number of birds shot or shots taken closet gets the money.

I am going to try and get it going at our syndicate. I think £2 in the pot half the money to a charity at the end of the season the other half to the gun or beater who guesses closest to number of shots.

What do you do at yours???

I do it at our shoot.

£2 a go, number of shots fired during the day. Closest gets half the pot and the other half goes into the shoot to buy more birds next year. Amazing how much it can bring in.

Last year for the last two shoot days the farmer decided with the white pheasants the rules were - £25 fine if you shoot the white pheasant and a £50 fine if you shoot at it and miss. Either way you are in for a fine.

I do it at our shoot.

£2 a go, number of shots fired during the day. Closest gets half the pot and the other half goes into the shoot to buy more birds next year. Amazing how much it can bring in.

Last year for the last two shoot days the farmer decided with the white pheasants the rules were - £25 fine if you shoot the white pheasant and a £50 fine if you shoot at it and miss. Either way you are in for a fine.

Sounds about right typical farmer win win situation, probably decided he hadn't made enough money over the season :whistling: