Should I ?

JohnFreeman1310

Well I have a BSA r10 mk2 that is in perfect condition and will put pellet through pellet at 50 yards but I was wondering a bout buying a daystate huntsman but I'm not sure what to do, I've also been wondering about sending it to john bowkett for a barrel chop and trigger job ect but would that damage it's value ?

Any help would be great.

John.

I love my Daystates to bits and the Huntsman is a personal favorite...........How-ever it sounds like you have a keeper, If it aint broke dont fix it.

On the same note if its litterally putting "pellet on pellet" at 50 yards I wouldnt touch it, leave it as it is you wont get much better than that.

If you have the money burning a hole in your pocket why not up grade your scope or air cylinder set-up or save for an additional rifle. Theres plenty of other kit to spend your money on.

ATB

Matt

Some decent boots, decent lamping kit it will all eat up your money nicely ! Also worth putting aside some cash for when your rilfe needs servicing as its only fair to look after a rifle that is looking after you !

ATB

Matt

Decent boots are a must I would say! My mate bust his ankle yesterday and is awaiting an operation whilst we out doing some stuff with team wild.

Made me think about getting a good pair I tell ya.

Karpman

Well I have a BSA r10 mk2 that is in perfect condition and will put pellet through pellet at 50 yards but I was wondering a bout buying a daystate huntsman but I'm not sure what to do, I've also been wondering about sending it to john bowkett for a barrel chop and trigger job ect but would that damage it's value ?

Any help would be great.

John.

Not sure about barrel chop etc , but i would recommend a blueprint by jb well worth the money :good:

Not sure about barrel chop etc , but i would recommend a blueprint by jb well worth the money :good:

But why when the rifle is "putting pellet on pellet at 50yards" at most you may use it 60yards but not offen because of airgun ethics etc. I cant see that spending the money will will benifit him any further IMO !

I've got the same gun and toyed with the idea of a blueprint. In the end, several things stopped me:

• I bought my rifle new and is covered by a free lifetime warranty and servicing guarantee by Ronnie Sunshines, if I got my gun tuned, that would automatically become void.
  • Mine's shooting spot on, so the only things that would really benefit from the tune are things like the action noise and the smoothness of the loading mechanism, so it seems like quite a bit of an expense just for that, as it really doesn't bother me anyway.
  • JB isn't blueprinting at the moment anyway!

XTX-Air's tune would be another option, but again, you don't benefit too much if the gun is shooting well. I emailed them and the reply was that if you have a 2012/2013 gun, they don't even bother to change the regulator for a Tench one, because it's not worth it.

The only thing you really gain is a shorter barrel without the loss of shots that that would usually incur. For me, it didn't seem worth it at all!

I will say that a second hand tuned one will sell for a bit more than a non tuned one, but not by the same amount it cost to get it done!

But why when the rifle is "putting pellet on pellet at 50yards" at most you may use it 60yards but not offen because of airgun ethics etc. I cant see that spending the money will will benifit him any further IMO !

It's not just for accuracy

I had Both mine done when they were grouping lovely and the results were superb.

smoother , quieter , better shot count

You could tell it had been stripped ,polished and fettled imho :)

Edited by fruity

I love my Daystates to bits and the Huntsman is a personal favorite...........How-ever it sounds like you have a keeper, If it aint broke dont fix it.

On the same note if its litterally putting "pellet on pellet" at 50 yards I wouldnt touch it, leave it as it is you wont get much better than that.

If you have the money burning a hole in your pocket why not up grade your scope or air cylinder set-up or save for an additional rifle. Theres plenty of other kit to spend your money on.

ATB

Matt

Good advice Matt-well done mate.

Hi i have had two rifles blue printed by JB and one custom made the blueprint has made a great improvement to the rifles the first one i had done was the R10 MK1 but when i bought the R10 MK2 i felt it was so smooth straight from the box i have not bothered to have it blueprinted . If it works that well leave alone

ATB