Maxus Q again!

wildfowler.250

Okay guys, needing an opinion here :lol:

Managed to get a 20 bore cartridge,(yellow) jammed halfway down the barrel whilst using 12rc sipes,(also yellow). Always always check your barrel..thankfully I put the gun down to cross a fence and went to check it before reloading.

Now the problem: I stripped the gun in the field and I have lost a the long black bit of plastic that sits at the end of the piston? It's like a thin T shaped piece that does tend to slide out. Will the gun work okay without it? I don't mind ordering the part but would use the gun tonight if I could. I think it may have something to do with magazine restriction but I'm not entirely sure.

I can add photos if I'm being too vague. But thought I should ask on here before I tried the gun on the farm and did damage.

Much obliged!

So I'm assuming it'll work okay? Can't understand why it's that easy to turn it into a FAC. It always came out too easy.

Any ideas how many shells it'll hold now?

Appreciate the reply!

I've got a feeling that the mag is crimped to stop more than 2 going on, it'd never be allowed in the country if you could take that out that easy and put more than 2 in the mag

I've got a feeling that the mag is crimped to stop more than 2 going on, it'd never be allowed in the country if you could take that out that easy and put more than 2 in the mag

My mates huglu 3 shot semi on his shotgun cert which had a restrictor that could be taken out in seconds which left it holding 4 shots in the mag.

Cheers guys! I'll try it out and see how many it'll hold. Will still use it as a 3 shot, can't imagine a 4th would be much benefit anyway :lol:

Yes but remember , if it will hold four and you only put three in it , then it will still be illegal , just advising ,at the end of the day its your licence and up to you if its worth the risk or not.

I've just checked mine as i have two. The 3 1/2" chambered hunter version does not have the adapter plug fitted to it and only holds 2 carts in the mag. The carbon Fibre Sporting one i have does have the adapter fitted but even when depressed and rotated 90 degrees does not come out and again only holds two carts in the magazine.

So spot on for me as i don't have a FAC.

As said above make sure that magazine isn't capable of holding more than 2 cartridges.

I've just checked mine as i have two. The 3 1/2" chambered hunter version does not have the adapter plug fitted to it and only holds 2 carts in the mag. The carbon Fibre Sporting one i have does have the adapter fitted but even when depressed and rotated 90 degrees does not come out and again only holds two carts in the magazine.

So spot on for me as i don't have a FAC.

As said above make sure that magazine isn't capable of holding more than 2 cartridges.

Thanks! appreciate it! Mine just slid in and out so maybe needed depressed and turned to stay in place.

Just tried it with 3' shells and it would only take 2 in the mag so nothing different there.

Hopefully the gun will work fine without the part!