NM 800 playing up

barney 66

Hi, I have a white 1 cell NM800 and when the head is tight on full power, sometimes it is and sometimes its still on the 3 mode setting, can someone tell me what makes it go on full power when you tighten the head so I can look at it, its assembled correctly and all surfaces clean its a bit intermittent,

Thanks for looking barney

Hi, the first part that twists on the head is to control the beam focus, the second is the knurled section between the cooling fins, if you tighten the second up to the battery section it will be on full power mode, loosen it half a turn and it will be on the three power setting. Hope this makes sense to you.

I did occasionally have this with my xsearcher, and I know it sounds strange, but I turned the big spring between the battery and led the other way round (still keeping the brass collar in the same place), and no problems since!

Funny you should mention that as I have 2 of them and i have just swapped the spring and brass collar out of the oneinto the other and it now works fine

Can't really say, as I've never had a Nightmaster, but Mick seems to have it covered! All I know is that with the xr-e led, the xsearcher throws a tight white beam for miles!

What is is the standard red led in the Nightmaster 800 and is there a more powerfull red led for the 800