Need some advice on my gun Cabinet

Davidbj123

I would have thought as long as you can unbolt it from wherever it is installed and that you can physically handle it to the new adress, I dont see why not. ...... as long as you inform the police firearms department in the area to which you are moving so that details can be altered.

When my late father died I contacted the police and told them that I was moving the cabinet and guns as they were on both of our tickets ready for such problem when it arised and they were very understanding rang me one evening asking if they could come and inspect the cabinet in its new position in our home. Came checked it was fixed firmly and jobs a good'n. Have not seen them since even when I had ticket renewed.

It might be worth phoning the firearms first as I had a friend move from a owned house in Heathrow, to a rented house in Portsmouth and he wasn't allowed to keep guns, as the owner of the house had access to the property. I'm not saying this is the same in every county, so it will be worth a phone call

I live in a rented accomodation as well, but FEO didn't asked any questions or rise any issues whatsoever....

It might be worth phoning the firearms first as I had a friend move from a owned house in Heathrow, to a rented house in Portsmouth and he wasn't allowed to keep guns, as the owner of the house had access to the property. I'm not saying this is the same in every county, so it will be worth a phone call

That's very odd, unless the owner had a record as long as your arm. Shared houses can be tricky but any proper rental agreement should be fine.