Finally got a Sig.

arko

I got myself a plinker to practice on in the back garden whilst waiting for my SGC. hahaha.

You wont hit much if you treat a shotgun like a rifle mate.

Dont be 'Pointing' a shotgun.

Different ball game completley !

But nothing like a bit of fun with an air rifle !

Good Luck.

Ive fired a few rounds using the 4x20 sights...... dont know where the heck they went!... Havent zeroed the sights in yet that came with it. Might just use the fibre-optics on the gun itself as I did actually see where they hit (or should I say went through) the feather edge at the back of my garden (approx 40 yards).

Air rifles can be very accurate. I used to shoot rabbits with an Air Arms S410 in .22 before I went rimfire in .22. It's all a matter of range. Under 40yds an air rifle is ideal to ensure a clean kill. Over that you are less sure and so it should not be used. I switched to rimfire as the bunnies were getting cute and it was getting harder and harder to get close enough. Rimfire cured that. Field craft is more important with air rifles. That is not to say that it is not important with rimfire, just less so. A bunny will still detect movement at rimfire ranges.

Air rifles are invaluable if you have to shoot around buildings such as barns etc. You are not going to be the farmers friend if you start putting holes in his barn roof or wall. It's Horses for Courses.

Edited by Uncle Albert

Ive fired a few rounds using the 4x20 sights...... dont know where the heck they went!... Havent zeroed the sights in yet that came with it. Might just use the fibre-optics on the gun itself as I did actually see where they hit (or should I say went through) the feather edge at the back of my garden (approx 40 yards).

Crikey, I hope you didnt break any windows !

Whats behind the feather edge ?

I totally know what you mean about the holes in farmers barns!.... My grandfather was a farmer and when he was unable to shoot the rats in his potato barn he got some kid in to do it at weekends. Poor sod would sit at one end all day and wait for the adults to come out. On several occasions he put a new hole through some new plastic sheeting or the corrugated roofing. As you can imagine... he didnt stay long!

But so far Im having fun trying to get good grouping.

Crikey, I hope you didnt break any windows !

Whats behind the feather edge ?

At the end of the garden is like a U shaped wooden enclosure made out of feather edge. I shoot into that . Its old and will be replaced soon and behind it is dense bushes and wall. There is basically nothing to break down there....the next house is a good 50 yards in the other direction. :good:

You must be very chuffed. I got an air rifle last year from a PW member - great for popping rats under the chicken coop. It's very therapeutic if you've only got half an hour, but I've run out of rats, which is both good and bad :oops:

My list of guns got to be 'a few' and I figured best not to advertise the fact of exactly what I've got, so knocked them off the sig. Perhaps it should just say 'Some guns; some dogs...' and leave it at that?