New Land Rover 2.2 TD4

pavman

Went to look at the new Land Rover TD4 today, sales pitch is for the first 45K miles they invest in a mixed portfolio of carbon neutral projects to offset the Emission from your new Land Rover and thus leading to a greener environment for all the family,

to which I say Balderdash (or words to that effect as Cranners will take down my post)

I look forward to a greener environment, but why oh why is it always joe public who get hit first with various taxes and schemes. The worlds biggest economies like USA and China don’t give a stuff yet Mr 4X4 in the UK is made out to be a irresponsible moron despite being guilty in a very minor way. So added to the price of a new Landi is the cost of planting trees (prob not even in the UK)

Whilst out in the good ole USA a year back I see they all drive massive 4X4’s many double axel so big they quote horse power not engine capacity, Yet we in the UK are under constant threat from all sides because of our use in field sports or lifestyle of caravanning etc.

My message to Billy liar Blair and his carbon neutral band wagon is have a quite word with your master Mr Bush and when you can get him on side and the 5 billion Asians thinking likewise I will be happy to discuss a modest increase in my road tax, but only if its used for the purpose intended and not diverted to help keep eastern Europeans heading this way for a happy social security existence in our green and pleasant land.

Being a lover of continental cuisine I will be tucking into a nice Curry tonight I would be pleased to drop by number 10 and drop a number two on Mr Blairs desk and I wonder if anyone will wish to check out my personnel Emission?

Rant Over

sorry Pavman, but seeing we dont get penalised road tax wise over here, we now go 8x8 ing :good::lol: more wheels, more traction, more ditches to hit, we had a nice 6-8 inches of white stuff last night and along with the 40-60 mph winds it adds to the fun,,,,,,,,,,, now to throw another wrench in the works (spanner, for the european minded) just looking at my renewal fee of $70.54 ,,,,,,, about 31 sterling, anyone want to move out here :P:P:good::lol: "gis a job mate"

Martin

sorry Pavman, but seeing we dont get penalised road tax wise over here, we now go 8x8 ing :good::lol: more wheels, more traction, more ditches to hit, we had a nice 6-8 inches of white stuff last night and along with the 40-60 mph winds it adds to the fun,,,,,,,,,,, now to throw another wrench in the works (spanner, for the european minded) just looking at my renewal fee of $70.54 ,,,,,,, about 31 sterling, anyone want to move out here :P:P:good::lol: "gis a job mate"

Martin

I could go off you Ush