How long have you been shooting???

everygoodnamewastaken

I,ve been shooting a very long time.

I had a second hand, single barreled 12 bore given to me as my first gun when I was 10.

I then had an air rifle, Diana Original Mk 111, I think,

someone also gave me a .410 with slightly bent barrels, all before I was 11.

My first double barreled 12 bore came when I was 13.

I bought my first brand new gun when I was 29.

My gun licences came from the Post Office for a long time.

The Grocer at the nearest village (2 miles away) sold cartridges, singly if required.

In those days farmers gave you cartridges to shoot their pigeons.

Those were the days. :sly:  

Being born in the middle of nowhere, fishing and shooting was about all there was to do.

I use to shoot airguns when i was about 10 with my dad watching but that all stoped when my neighbour said i shot her cat. My grampa told me about the days when he got his certifiate from the poast office too when it was 10 shillings. I wonder what Archie Coats would think about having to buy your own cartriges and about the whirly birds.

I have been shooting with an air gun for about 2 years and with the shotgun since last year. The only reason I got to like shooting is because I used to go fishing on aprivate lake on the estate my dad works on then when all the fish died my Attention turend to the local rabbit population   :)

I then got frendly with the Game Keeper and now love the sport. My dad wasen't relly that keen on shooting untill I started but I rember going on rabbit hunt with him when I was about 7.

But with all the antis in this country kids are having it drumed into there heads that we are all a bunch of trigger happy men that go out into the woods and shoot at anything that moves. So as soon as I am old enough I gonna move to The U.S or Canada ( There mad on Hunting Out there ) and spend the rest of my days after bears and stuff. But cos I am only 14 Its a long way off yet.   :sly:

Hang on wait till I get my calculator out mmmmm

I have been shooting on and off for 33 years

I did a little bit of poaching between the ages of 14 and 19 but got tired of running from the farmers and keepers

I went through a stage where I didnt want to kill anything and took up clay shooting. But then I was invited to a driven pheasant shoot and got the bug again

I started off with an air rifle at 13 years old, then a secpnd hand folding 4-10 and at 17 Bought a  new Baikaal 12 bore hammer gun from an Advert in the shooting times.It cost £35

£35 For a shotgun now you talking.

All the fish died because something got into the water and I went to set up my rod one day and there were hundreds os fish floating on the water and it stank!

Some of the biggest fish I had ever seen were in there and my grandad and the keeper were almost in tears when they sor it, well after all it took them 10 years to stock the lake up and my grandad spent a couple of hundred quid on a catfish only to see it dead.

Now the lake is over run with canada geese and ducks so maybe there is some sport to have after all!  :sly: