ear protection

millrace

I used Emtech passive type for several years with no problems and easy maintenance (you can actually wash them). After a couple of strokes left me completely deaf, I needed some amplification. After some considerable research I went with the Cens, a decision that I have come to regret. I have done a previous post on the problems that I have had, but suffice it to say the switch became faulty within the first 2 weeks. They were sent back, after 2 weeks they returned, but did not seem any different, although I was assured they had been fitted with new switches. After 12 months and out of warranty, I had further switch problems, I was told to post them back and that they needed a service every 12 months, cost £70 plus any parts and P & P. Something that you will not be told when purchasing, neither will you find any reference to this on their website. As I really only need the amplification when instructing or reffing, I am going back to Sport Tac, just using the Cens when I am shooting. I would think long and hard before you part with what is a substantial amount of money and make sure that you get any aftercare costs IN WRITING beforehand.

Thnx read you previous post on the subject,thnx for reply,prob shd add, I don't shoot massively ie no clays unless for fun before going for pints,,just rough shoot,pheasant in a club and flight ducks so hearing others is important, this year got sore ear one day, so found my in ear passive,, think there peltor headband with foam ear plugs, now they are good with sound of gun but they dead in everything a bit as well hearing wings is something I find helpful,so hence thinking digital,,,,,

Edited by millrace

Thnx read you previous post on the subject,thnx for reply,prob shd add, I don't shoot massively ie no clays unless for fun before going for pints,,just rough shoot,pheasant in a club and flight ducks so hearing others is important, this year got sore ear one day, so found my in ear passive,, think there peltor headband with foam ear plugs, now they are good with sound of gun but they dead in everything a bit as well hearing wings is something I find helpful,so hence thinking digital,,,,,

How good will that ability to hear wings be in future years though, without protection?

How good will that ability to hear wings be in future years though, without protection?

This is why seeking opinions,I'm not botherd about price if they are worth it, (has to be some perks to being vat reg business...lol) can't put a price on being able to hear in 20yrs......