Crow decoying advice

Addison84

I have been asked by a farmer to have a go at controlling some crows on his ground. Ive never really had a proper go at crows before, there is about 200 that sit on a drilled wheat field (60 acres!) but they sit right in the middle! How do i get them into decoys? Also they dont roost anywhere near and are only there at 7am and 3pm

Can anyone give some help?

Cheers

Adam

I would say find the place they enter the field .Take or make a very good hide with roof. Set up under the spot they come to the field set a pattern about ten yards from the hide .Then don't move until you are going to shoot remember they look close but they are big birds so wait. They in my opinion are they difficult but the first time you have go will be the best. Then next time you will find that they learned a lesson. Try not shoot one with all the rest looking as they will all leave .Good luck tell us how you get on. woodfordpigeon

Agree with getting there when its dark, they start flying before daylight. Its surprising how easy it is to see them against the sky & you can start building a pattern before daylight if you get under a flight line. They were coming in low for us in the dark & the shooting never put them off until it got light aswell. Good luck