Value of Tikka 595 7-08?

njc110381

I'm thinking of selling my Tikka but not sure what t ask for it? I can't find another in this calibre to compare to and can't remember what it cost me?! It's the deluxe model and is pretty mint. I've not fired a load of rounds down it and it's extremely accurate. I also have a synthetic stock with it, loading kit and lots of brass although I may split it up for sale.

I know they're popular and fairly hard to find and to be honest have no idea where to start? Has anyone seen one sell or got rid themselves recently to give me an idea? Usually it's easy but this one, not so much!

I didn't ever want to sell this but I rarely use it. I've not shot a deer for months and have four deer rifles. It's the best gun I've got but it would be silly to sell one of the more regularly used ones just to keep this in the safe. I've bought some really expensive kit for work recently and could do with replenishing the savings a bit, but if I can't make sensible money on it I will keep it!

What to do?...

As a calibre I love the 7-08. It's a nice round. I just can't keep them all and the others are keepers either because of what they are (my Sauer drilling is just too nice), or the lack of interest I would probably get from selling them (not many folk are after a .338 Win Mag around here!).

Kent - thanks for that. It's good to get some market facts for a similar gun. :good:

I must admit that when I bought it I wasn't looking for a 7-08. I wanted a 595/695 after using my mentor's gun and thinking it was so much better than my T3! This just happened to come up so I put in the variation and put down a deposit.

I wish I could have even more kit but I'm getting to the point where I'm losing familiarity with each one. I guess there's only so much info your head can hold, and I think my shooting in general is suffering from having too many choices so I'm selling a couple of rifles to get back in tune with my remaining guns. That and I want some money to buy a 3 point linkage for my Unimog! :lol:

I must admit that when I bought it I wasn't looking for a 7-08. I wanted a 595/695 after using my mentor's gun and thinking it was so much better than my T3! This just happened to come up so I put in the variation and put down a deposit.

I wish I could have even more kit but I'm getting to the point where I'm losing familiarity with each one. I guess there's only so much info your head can hold, and I think my shooting in general is suffering from having too many choices so I'm selling a couple of rifles to get back in tune with my remaining guns. That and I want some money to buy a 3 point linkage for my Unimog! :lol:

Ah, your being domesticated- happens to us all in the end! Best thing I did was stop trying new calibres and rifles, saves money and saves time deciding which to one take. Wish I could do that with the fishing gear as well.

Fishing kit is completely different. You have a genuine need for half a dozen rods, reels, poles etc to do the same job!

I gave up serious fishing years ago. Watching fish in clear water looking at the bait, mulling over whether to take it. I decided it was much more Neil friendly for me to be able to pull the trigger at that point rather than allow the animal to make the decision. I was never great at fish trickery - It's a lot like trapping foxes... :rolleyes:

When I only had my HMR and 6.5x55 I can honestly say I didn't miss a lot. Granted I shot a hell of a lot more often, but a year after I got my FAC I could head shoot a rabbit at getting on 100 yards free standing with a very good success rate. Not a chance of that happening now... I need to get down prone to do it, or at least shoot off of quad sticks!

It's when I started adding to the collection that it all went wrong. Every trigger is slightly different, every trajectory varies to the next one... Having a lot of guns is plain daft.

Long term I plan to keep my drilling, .338. .243, .17 Hornet and .22lr. Still a lot of guns, but I feel I genuinely need all of those. Apart from the .338 anyway, and that's not worth selling so it may as well stay for the next time I go abroad or need to sort out the mole population!

Edited by njc110381