barbour factory?

james007

on the bede industrial estate? that's jarrow. near enough i suppose.

few miles from myself.

so yeah i've been. i can't remember what times it's open but their details are:

Barbour South Shields

Monksway

Bede Industrial Estate

Jarrow

Tyne & Wear

NE32 3HL

Tel. 0191 428 4707

o, and the expesive stuff is at the front of the store. so just take a deep breath, close your eyes and walk briskly to the rear of the store to avoid any heart failure. :angry:

The wax is still all made in the UK. Some other things are made in Bulgaria and the new lightweight jackets, quilts etc are made in Indonesia. The make the footwear in China. They also make some stuff in Portugal & Morocco but I can't remember what.

They still take their quality very, very, seriously and have spent years training up the people offshore. Trouble is, no one wants to pay the price for clothes made in the UK any more. Barbour are about the only company that I know of that are fully comiitted to still manufacturing in the North East, whatever it costs and good luck to them. They can only do it because they are privately owned, any manufacturer with shareholders like M&S etc have to chase the cheapest suppliers around the world.

going back to what gully said<no one likes paying uk prices for clothes>if we are all honest the way the country is going with all these factories shutting.no one in the uk will be able to afford any thing made in china never mind the uk..take where i work a real big company<continental>made 10 million profit last year been open for 31 years but its all moving to slovakia next year...maybe we should all go back and think of the times we were asked to buy british to keep all our jobs