Weird phone calls

il cacciatore

Hi. I've been having someone phoning me up daily and when I answer there is just complete silence. Its happened every day for about a week.

When I dial 1471 I get "we do not have the callers number to return the call". We are ex directory and we are on the TPS.

We were phoned up earlier in the week by someone trying to sell us a mortgage and its happened every day since then. I think they were called 'serious finance' or something to that effect. Could it be them phoning? Any ideas how I could stop this cause its really irritating.

what you describe is cold calling. Its when a computer automatically dials numbers then if they pick up hand the calls over to operators. However if their is no operators after a brief silence it hangs up. I think it was on watchdog and they were either on about bringing in some new law or the actual law had been passed. Have a look on the net.

Hi. I've been having someone phoning me up daily and when I answer there is just complete silence. Its happened every day for about a week.

When I dial 1471 I get "we do not have the callers number to return the call". We are ex directory and we are on the TPS.

We were phoned up earlier in the week by someone trying to sell us a mortgage and its happened every day since then. I think they were called 'serious finance' or something to that effect. Could it be them phoning? Any ideas how I could stop this cause its really irritating.

Hold on to the line and wait for the voice. Most of these call centre do-dahs operate automatic dialing software where the computer estimates how long the call will take and automatically dial the next number as soon as the average call time is met - the idea is that the call centre people don't spend any time looking up phone numbers or dialing - it is all done automatically for them. However, if a block of the call centre workers are all on extended calls then the machine has phoned someone expecting to be able to put a call centre bod through but no one is available and so it seems there is no one there. So, if you wait an operator ought to turn up - then get their details and give em what for.

If you are however being stalked by a murderous axe man I suggest that you first off make a will and leave me your car, guns and telly.

Try talking like a goon and ask them if they are going to be your friend as you dont have many at the hospital since you ate the matrons hamster, ask them if they have any pets you can share as you like pets, moan a bit and go into one if they think you are as mad as them they may just leave you alone,

worth a shot

If its fails BT can trace via you pressing 1 on the keypad once they set it up, prank calls are taken very seriously by BT and they will do all they can to help if it bothers you

Try talking like a goon and ask them if they are going to be your friend as you dont have many at the hospital since you ate the matrons hamster, ask them if they have any pets you can share as you like pets, moan a bit and go into one if they think you are as mad as them they may just leave you alone,

worth a shot

If its fails BT can trace via you pressing 1 on the keypad once they set it up, prank calls are taken very seriously by BT and they will do all they can to help if it bothers you

:P A loud referees whistle helps to give you a warm feeling when someone finally talks to you :lol:

LB