shotgun silencers.

vole

Where I shoot is a good distance away from a bridleway and a primary school but I am definitely noticed when am there.I am economical with shots i take but does anyone know anyhing about sound moderators for a single barrel 20 bore?Just interested.Have seen the Hushpower .410 s but that calibre not practical for me.Many thanks.

Where I shoot is a good distance away from a bridleway and a primary school but I am definitely noticed when am there.I am economical with shots i take but does anyone know anyhing about sound moderators for a single barrel 20 bore?Just interested.Have seen the Hushpower .410 s but that calibre not practical for me.Many thanks.

Have a look a the Saddlery and Gunroom web site, they may be able to help. I have a .410 huspower which is quiet, but could never get sub sonic carts in that gauge. :)

Mostly pigeon but hope to get odd chance of rabbit.have idea of buying a baikal s/b 20b. which is in local gunshop and silencing it.Am new to this so am kind of in the dark.Not seen anything to silence 20b on the net or in magazines,will check out above site.Wonder why s/b guns are fully choked?Is this choke too much for a novice shot? Thanks.

Cheers,had been thinking of one of the Baikal single barrel guns,either 20 or more likely 12g. as a knockabout.My AYA is my 1st gun and I hate putting it through the ordeal of weather,mud,fences even tho it never cost a fortune(well it did for me).Having it silenced is something I thought of recently,I might be paranoid but I think I caused a stir with some horse riders.Kept me head down a while and nothing came of it but I would hate to loose my permission.The farmer does let some guys shoot foxes but they cause less noise i guess.Would rather use a less effective gun than jeopardise my new hobby i enjoy.Will ask local gunsmith price to fit one.

I have a hushpower 20 bore single barrel.

It fires Ely subsonic carts and really is very quiet compared with my 20 bore beretta.

You have to practice quite a lot mind since the silencer goes the complete length of the barrell and is about 60mm in diameter.

This makes it hard to aim since you quickly mask the target.

Scares the **** out of walkers because it looks like a cannon :/

Will see if the dealer has sub sonics in.The bridleway is about 300 yards from where I shoot so I guess I might need some sort of moderator.The farmer is a great bloke but i wouldnt want him getting complaints from horse riders.Everywhere else i asked for shooting turned me down so am prepared to do/use whatever to keep it.Thanks for all help.

By the way,how much do you think to convert a baikal 12g single at a gunsmith?

why not use your ccurrent gun with subsonics or low noise carts, probably cheaper and more effective as silenced shotguns only work well with sub sonics anyway

I've got to disagree with that mate, obviously the 12g Hushpower works a lot better with subsonics and there's plenty of written info for decibels at set distances, but the.410 doesn't need subsonics, I've used mine in all sorts of places, day and night and never had the slightest problem, not even with 3" cartridges, although I mainly use 2 1/2" No 6's.