New Army Scope - technology to assist

NickB65

The article makes that clear: Training can only go so far in getting a soldier to put a round on target first time at distance. If it is cheaper to enhance a soldier's capabilities in a single technical purchase, then that is a more effective solution.

No, it's not right, but we need to face facts that not all soldiers can shoot at the highest level. And I say that as an RCO.

don't quite like the idea that the computer can stop you pulling the trigger if you haven't lined up with a 'tagged target' what happens if a nasty enemy was running at you and 'computer said no'.

The other features seem pretty cool though.

Whatever next, a kill count like on a computer game next...

This will have been measured on costs of ammo used in training by some shirt in a cosy office. I fail to see how you could defend yourself and your mates with supressing fire if it wont let you fire without dotting a clear target. Can you imagine? trying to dot a guy when you only know approximately were the firing is coming from. I think this is just a badly worded report from someone who knows nothing of the subject in hand or the real facts of how and were it was to be used. If it were true exactly as written I bet the guys just accidently break them and go back to the old ways.

I understand the reasons my mate used to train the guys and he said they ( the recruits ) could grasp the trajectory after a while but never seemed to grasp the need to lead a moving target or allow for windage no matter how hard he tried with the rounds and time allowed.