Does anyone use 'Non Gun Oil Oil'

mickyh

Use THB 46 turbine oil on by semi auto, only use beretta oil on my over and unders

But Beretta dont have special oil wells where all the nice guns live, its bought in, in bulk, ordinary thin oil, at a good price, its just expensive oil to us end users/buyers !

I use a home brew mix that is called “Ed’s Red” >> This is a mix of liquids which clean, dissolve and lubricate. I have also used Hydraulic oil such as HLP 32 to lube & protect. This is similar to Rangoon oil and Water-soluble Cutting fluid from lathe /milling operations. This smells exactly the same as Young’s 303 from years ago. All of these types of lubricant far exceed the loading requirement of a shotgun.

When the wife was a teenager before we were married she worked in a factory as a machinist making engine valves by the thousand. As a result of her job on the machines her Jeans and clothes smelt of the cutting oils. Her mother used to hate the smell of the oil that smelt the same as Young’s 303 and used to make her take off her clothes as soon as she got home. Needless to say I loved the smell of the oil and I always used to try to meet her as soon as she got home to help her get out of these contaminated jeans. :good: It must have been good stuff because she’s never gone rusty. :)

Napier gun oil is around £163 a gallon (based on the 125ml size at £4.59)

I assume that Napier is a reputable company and not ripping us off (like a bunch of wild west snake oil salesmen) and therefore Napier gun oil must have such magical powers that we shouldn't use anything else!

Or are they just using the same marketing tactics that make-up companies use when selling their little bottles of million dollar moisturiser to vein gullible women (and men for that matter).