Air arms s510 fac

Rst1990

I have the above rifle had it from new around 1 month.

Was in the field this morning had my sights on a rabbit pulled the trigger and no pellet???

Had a look at the mag and shore enough it was full, went to recycle another into the chamber but the mag is not indexing any answers into why this has failed?

Had a look and can't see anything that could be wrong.

Obviously I shall take it back to the shop as it's under warrenty.

Thanks all

WHAT ??? ,,,, your saying a NEW AA s510 FAC has got a fault ,,,,NO NEVER its only daystates that have problems according to everyone on this forum , :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note,,i cant understand why the pellet is not entering the barrel when you push the bolt forward ???

when you pull the bolt fully back is the magazine changing to the next pellet(rotating) ???

atb Evo

A Evo says, check with the magazine out, that when you pull the bolt ALL the way back ( onto its spring) the indexing post moves upwards. It doesn't index until its on the second stage of pull. Be sure the brass fitting on the post is EXACTlY as per pics because they are relatively easy to snap. Check the magazine rotates freely and clicks as it goes round. I'm sure you would have noticed if it didn't when you loaded it up. Then just make sure the brass tab on the indexing post is making contact with the magazine wheel.

It could be worse, you could have laddered the tights on your stock, left with a flat battery, lost the ignition key and the circuit board could have developed a surge and redirected all the air traffic from Heathrow :lol::lol:

Edited by turbo33

WHAT ??? ,,,, your saying a NEW AA s510 FAC has got a fault ,,,,NO NEVER its only daystates that have problems according to everyone on this forum , :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note,,i cant understand why the pellet is not entering the barrel when you push the bolt forward ???

when you pull the bolt fully back is the magazine changing to the next pellet(rotating) ???

atb Evo

The mag is not indexing (rotating) at all???

A Evo says, check with the magazine out, that when you pull the bolt ALL the way back ( onto its spring) the indexing post moves upwards. It doesn't index until its on the second stage of pull. Be sure the brass fitting on the post is EXACTlY as per pics because they are relatively easy to snap. Check the magazine rotates freely and clicks as it goes round. I'm sure you would have noticed if it didn't when you loaded it up. Then just make sure the brass tab on the indexing post is making contact with the magazine wheel.

It could be worse, you could have laddered the tights on your stock, left with a flat battery, lost the ignition key and the circuit board could have developed a surge and redirected all the air traffic from Heathrow :lol::lol:

It's hard to see if the indexing post is making contact due to the mag being in the way, I think it is as I can hear it move down but when it goes to index the mag I think it slips on the side of the mag.

This air gunning is way to complicated lol

Think I may stick to my dirty powder burner lol

Yer it looks like that, I pull it out more a little just to make shore it's contacting properly and it does nothing I remove the mag take a look and it's just pushed back in the same position that it started from??? Something is out of bonk and it's def got something to do with this.

as you said it is not indexing, with it being new I would take it back to the gunshop and have them replace the part,,the rifle is still under guarantee so BE SAFE and don't try it yourself,

it is a 10min job to replace the part so don't worry

atb Evo

Under warrenty ? back to the shop, the time it took asking questions on here could of been spent getting it fixed & the shop would of told you what was wrong anyway.

Too late in the conversation fella ha ha ha

It was on a Sunday evening this thread took place, rfd not open.