It took a while but i got one (trap gun)

HDAV

Just had a stock 'hot oil cast for me by Rakers, did a really nice and very accurate job, did not even know it could be done, now i have a keeper in what i thought was going to be a gun for sale or major modification. cost little more than a slab of cartridges.

What gun?

It was really straight through the action, i actually had a few comments on it being ever so slightly a leftie, which i doubted so I confirmed with Ruger they said they never cast them and all were supplied straight, special order for a left hand?

Are you in the US? not seen them over here (UK) not sure if it has a stock bolt but when one of the most respected gunsmiths in the country tells me it cant be done i tend to believe him!

Just had a stock 'hot oil cast for me by Rakers, did a really nice and very accurate job, did not even know it could be done, now i have a keeper in what i thought was going to be a gun for sale or major modification. cost little more than a slab of cartridges.( Its a Ruger, I thought it was stock bolted?)

It is stock bolted some have more play than others to allow you to get bits of movement. Custom stock like HDAVs tend to be made tight if that makes sense.

haha i grabbed that classic double trap seomone mentionteind on your previous thread pople where ringing for it as we filled the papers out i dont think i will see one like that again left handed winchester ticks all my boxes :good: my first quality gun my last one was the mighty botio a brazilian gun haha did the job and i spose im not doing to bad for a 17 year old on his second gun but i dont think this gun will ever leave my ownsership even if i get other o/u and semis