Help, ejector problems on a lanber

malkiserow

Got a 25 year old Lanber for my nephew (big thank you to Gazzyapp for the freebie). I cannot tell you how excited the lad is for his first gun. :yahoo:

Just as Gazzy said, it does not eject from the top barrel.

Took the stock off (to get access to the action )and released the ejectors from the barrel (removed them along with the springs and pins etc).

Nothing is broken or stuck. It all moves very freely

However it is lazy perhaps read worn?

If I push the ejector actuation rods forward from the action with my fingers - Bingo it all works.

BUT if I fire it normally the top barrel ejector does not eject and seems to me the mechanism is not being thrown forward enough from the hammer on firing.

Any experts out there who can shed light on what to replace or how to fix this?

(Also I need a new bead for the front sight if you know where any are...)

If I was to have a guess, I'd say the first part of the mech (the spring steel plates) that the hammers strike with the bevelled pins, is a bit slack so when struck, it does not move forward as much as it could. As I said, when pushed gently with my finger, bingo it all works.

Thanks...

Edited by malkiserow

Its worn but as there are several variations of design it is not possible to give a definitive solution . Probably the extractor slippers need to be replaced to compensate for the ware on either the cockint rod trippers or on the extractor its self . Needs to be looked at to be sure .