anyone used a madbull chrono?

kiffy

hi guys, ive been nosing around ebay looking at the price of chronos and have seen the one below for a real good price... before i buy one i thought id ask here to see if anyone had any views on them or had bought one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121291995294?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_3496wt_1275

I don't know anything about it, but the big question is can you change the pre-set weights? If you can, it might be worth a punt. If not? it's not going to be much use for air rifles as those weights don't correlate to airgun pellets well..

Er as long as the speed is ok you can use an online converter to convert the speed reading into a power reading, assuming you can read the speed on it!

Er as long as the speed is ok you can use an online converter to convert the speed reading into a power reading, assuming you can read the speed on it!

that's true enough! and actually there's no reason why it shouldn't be accurate with speed; it's not a complicated programme to do s=d/t. As long as the respond okay, it should be fine, but it's extra faff and not as convenient if you have to have a computer/phone/tablet/calculator on hand for every shot.

It's also in China. if anything's wrong with it, you have to send it back and pay the postage, and get it back to them within 14 days of delivery. I'd be wary.

I seem to remember looking on the 'net for them before and there were a number of complaints about accuracy and shot detection. I'd pay the extra for a Crombo, If you ever sell it you will not lose much money. FWIW I started making my own with the help of an electrical Engineer. Accuracy is at least comparable with the crombo and it has cost around £15. Version two will include bluetooth to communicate with android or apple devices.

P2180087Medium_zps584d8370.jpg

Edited by Marki

I seem to remember looking on the 'net for them before and there were a number of complaints about accuracy and shot detection. I'd pay the extra for a Crombo, If you ever sell it you will not lose much money. FWIW I started making my own with the help of an electrical Engineer. Accuracy is at least comparable with the crombo and it has cost around £15. Version two will include bluetooth to communicate with android or apple devices.

P2180087Medium_zps584d8370.jpg

What the flip were you shooting, a rail gun??!!