pigeon shooting on rape for the 22nd

lap9387

Hi all.

The local farmer has asked me to have a go at the pigeon thats causing problems on his rape.

his field sits in the middle of two other farmers fields all with rape.

ive spoke to the other farmers and they have said im not allowed, so its reccy on Saturday and see how I can take it.

ill keep you posted!

So today I was walked round the land, its huge and covered in pigeon.

Two sets of trees sit either side of the feild, pigeons fly from the trees to the field, so theres a spo in the middle wherethey all meet.

Ive already packed my decoys, nets and poles, got the battery on charge for my new magnet and im ready to hit the field for 7:30 next Saturday!

Im praying for a big bag!

Well today was wasted.

last week an amazing flight line. This week over 200 birds a few fields over hammering the drilling. Meaning I had the following action in 11 hours....

1 bird entered the pattern and I missed.

two passed high and fast and I missed.

I googled the farmer who has the field.

Same here. Rang a guy the other week that I had a potential permission with, but had not bothered to shoot because he told me in August that he only had "a little bit of rape" this year... Turns out his "little bit" is three huge fields in anyone else's money. Rang him just to keep in contact and he was dead keen on me having a go in one spot where there are sitty trees at the edge of the field.

Went and had recce on the Saturday afternoon.. Lots & lots of pigeons coming in over a two hour period.

Went back early the next day....it was like a dessert. Eventually shot ten between 08.00 to 17:00, but boy was it ever slow going.

Same here. Rang a guy the other week that I had a potential permission with, but had not bothered to shoot because he told me in August that he only had "a little bit of rape" this year... Turns out his "little bit" is three huge fields in anyone else's money. Rang him just to keep in contact and he was dead keen on me having a go in one spot where there are sitty trees at the edge of the field.

Went and had recce on the Saturday afternoon.. Lots & lots of pigeons coming in over a two hour period.

Went back early the next day....it was like a dessert. Eventually shot ten between 08.00 to 17:00, but boy was it ever slow going.

you must have the patience of a saint fair play to yer

Good PR job though...

better than what I shot mate!