Knife sharpner (recommend)

blackbird

I have been using the Lansky Diamond Sharpening Set for many years now, and it has never given me any issues, its very simple and easy to use for a beginner and as you get better at it, it keeps up to speed with you. It lasts forever, comes with everything you need (including honing oil) I have used it on everything from moras right down to Damascus blades.

I use a Japanese combination water stone. 1000/6000.

The majority of my field knives are sharpened to a Scandinavian grind i.e. one bevel to the edge so I stay away from the "run though" field sharpening tools. These seem ok for pocket knives if the knife is getting heavy use in the field.

I am impressed with the ceramic Gerber Pocket Sharpener that I bought for the kitchen... it has a course and fine side and works well to hone a dull blade. Works well with my SAK and could be easily carried in the pocket when out and about

Jeff

yeah I picked up one of them gerber pocket sharpeners too! great piece of kit to take with you when your out and about/camping etc

I use a Japanese combination water stone. 1000/6000.

The majority of my field knives are sharpened to a Scandinavian grind i.e. one bevel to the edge so I stay away from the "run though" field sharpening tools. These seem ok for pocket knives if the knife is getting heavy use in the field.

I am impressed with the ceramic Gerber Pocket Sharpener that I bought for the kitchen... it has a course and fine side and works well to hone a dull blade. Works well with my SAK and could be easily carried in the pocket when out and about

Jeff

i use the standard lansky system and find it to be very good indeed,easy to use and gets a good sharp edge,but i have just started to use a strop after sharpening and the difference with after the knives have been stropped is unbelievable,definately recommend using a strop