Knife project

splitstop63

Inspired by Bazzab and Hodge911 I thought I'd have a go at makeing a knife

Well the handle any way again thanks to Hodge911 he had a blank going spare cheers Dude

Just waighting for Mr Post man to drop off my blade blank then going to start looking for a bit wood to have a go at the handle having never attempted anything out of wood I can only try my best if all fails my mate has worked with wood all his life and is in his early 70s said he will happley sort it out for me but would like to have a go my self just for the satisfaction of doing it my self so if any ones got a bit of wood lying around or any ideas where I can get some not that bothered what it is but would like something that shows the grain if that makes sence

I just want a general purpus knife for out in the field for sticks for decoys etc then gunna try and make a sheeth to suit once handle is sorted I'm really enjoying the PW forum in genral and what I am learning here thanks to my mate Fazzer who Aimed me in the direction of this site ;-)

That's why I inesley come here to learn get tips and ideas that ls a lie sorry I come here to find guns for sale after buying 2 off here I loved this site to be honest so after reading different threads ideas decided to have a go a this here knife project

Some of the projects I've seen on here re/stocking guns etc have blown me away there's some proper tallent on here and thanks for the insperation and advice given

Wish me luck cus the only thing I have done with wood in the past 25 years is stoke the fire with it lol

All the best splitstop63

Hahaha you'll get hooked mate.

Pleased your having a go on your own mate. So satisfying.

Take ya time bud its a long old process. I picked up a old hickory hammer handle that was lying about for my first ever attempt.

Good luck bud keep us all posted with some updates hey.

Bazza.

Lol once you start you can't stop!!! Like Bazza said you'll get hooked.

I started a few years ago and have handled many knives now from birthday and Christmas presents to eighteenth presents. This along with several for myself. Every thing from oak and beech to tropical fruit woods and curly birch. Currently working on a couple of full tang bushcraft knives one with a stainless bolster ( just cos I ain't done one yet!! :) )

Would love to do my old blades but working on building a bigger shed to get more equipment

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by jeffjjack

I can find you something where are you?

I live in the Midlands stourbridge DY9

Ile happily pay postage Mate Thank you

Lol once you start you can't stop!!! Like Bazza said you'll get hooked.

I started a few years ago and have handled many knives now from birthday and Christmas presents to eighteenth presents. This along with several for myself. Every thing from oak and beech to tropical fruit woods and curly birch. Currently working on a couple of full tang bushcraft knives one with a stainless bolster ( just cos I ain't done one yet!! :) )

Would love to do my old blades but working on building a bigger shed to get more equipment

Cheers

Jeff

Nice 1 jeff looking forward to my. 1st Attempt ;-)

I'm in Lichfield. Just thinking you come and tell me what works for you.

If it's to far what sizes you after.

Ive just googled mapped Lichfield your about 40/50 minutes drive from me when the blank arrives i will take some measurements or poss pop over Thanks a Lot welshwarrior :good: Nice 1 Mate