do parallax issues matter shooting hmr

snipers eye

I went from a 3-9x40 to the same 6-24x50 scope you have on my HMR.

Shooting rabbits, as others have said, 8-10x mag is plenty enough - daytime or night shooting. Only reason i 'upgraded' was for shooting crows as i struggled at 9x. I actually hated the larger scope when i put it on my rifle at the start, but got used to it and i get on much better now. Still never use the 24x mag, but it was being sold very cheap in a sale so went for it. Just need another rifle to accomodate my old 3-9x40........

You can use it on whatever mag you like, just ignore the silly PX ring !!

Ditto................ use a mag you are happy with - adjust the parallax until you are properly focused on a target at your chosen range and leave it there.

The parallax may play a part if you then switch back to closer range, but just 're-focus' using the parallax adjustment. Chances are though, once set it will be fine.

Edited by peek-at

Ditto................ use a mag you are happy with - adjust the parallax until you are properly focused on a target at your chosen range and leave it there.

The parallax may play a part if you then switch back to closer range, but just 're-focus' using the parallax adjustment. Chances are though, once set it will be fine.

I think you miss the big point the error is in were you see the cross hair appears to be and that POA and POI error is magnified by range when focus is in sharp it don't mean parallax error is out of the scope.