.22 hunting ammo

I always recommend people to practise hitting polo mints at 30 yds consistently before they even think of pointing their air rifle at a rabbit. I don't mean just nicking the polos, I mean shattering them. Then you can be sure you can be accurate. Similarly, keep the range down to realistic ranges (35-40 yds max) and forget about the so called "65 yd rabbit shot." Before I went FAC with .22lr I accounted for large numbers of rabbits with an AA S410 in .22. The POI is important as the brain is small and we don't want to injure, we want to kill first time so forget about groups except when zeroing your rifle. One shot must kill. Use domed pellets as they are far more stable and accurate.

i don't shoot too many rabbits with air rifles any more, but when I do it is inside 40 yds

but to put it into perspective that even a 90-100ft/lb .22lr slightly off can result in a shocker

I once hit a rabbit side on just above and behind the eyeline removing the front of its skull and blowing both eyes out but still connected.

it was fully alive and the only reason it didnt run away in a straight line was down to its eyes pointing at the ground!

shocking to see but thankfully it stood for a second long enough to smack it in the chest

****** me off when people say "oh a head shot is either a hit or a miss"!!

i don't shoot too many rabbits with air rifles any more, but when I do it is inside 40 yds

but to put it into perspective that even a 90-100ft/lb .22lr slightly off can result in a shocker

I once hit a rabbit side on just above and behind the eyeline removing the front of its skull and blowing both eyes out but still connected.

it was fully alive and the only reason it didnt run away in a straight line was down to its eyes pointing at the ground!

shocking to see but thankfully it stood for a second long enough to smack it in the chest

****** me off when people say "oh a head shot is either a hit or a miss"!!

yep, some say the same about high neck shots on deer- total myth