First lamping Session of Spring

EoinGalway

Plenty out and about.. weather was perfect, no wind although a bit bright with the full moon. :/

Only out for 2 hours but bagged these two, both came to aeroboard on the windscreen, :blush: electronic calllers are not working to well at the moment.. :P

First about 75yards the second and 90yards, both dog foxes..

post-3171-1170432510.jpg

post-3171-1170432547.jpg

I saw that the Tikka T3 Tactical model is about £1,200, what sort of gun do you get for this sort of money, and how does it compare to the cheaper say T3 Lite or Stainless Lite.

One serious weapon!! :blush:

The adjustable stock I find brilliant, I'm a big believer in factory treaded rifles so that was another pull towards this model. The adjustable trigger is a nice extra also..

Then there is the look especially when the muzzle break is mounted. :/

Since I bought mine the T3 Super Varmint model has become available.. bit cheaper I hear..

I got my T3 Tact for about €1400 which is well shy of £1200!

I will go for the Varmint heavy barrel in Stainless/Blue or the Lite Stainless, I think it will end up being the lite as I want light weight for lamping, however the varmint would give better accuracy which would be good, so I may get the varmint, as I wont be moving when lamping.

I have the t3 in 22.250 it is the stainless lite model and i am so glad i didnt get the heavy barrel because once you add the t8 moderator, big scope , bipod, scope mounted lamp and sufficient battery power OH MY GOD ITS HEAVY. I reckon my total outfit weighs around 25-30 lbs

I will go for the Varmint heavy barrel in Stainless/Blue or the Lite Stainless, I think it will end up being the lite as I want light weight for lamping, however the varmint would give better accuracy which would be good, so I may get the varmint, as I wont be moving when lamping.

I have the t3 in 22.250 it is the stainless lite model and i am so glad i didnt get the heavy barrel because once you add the t8 moderator, big scope , bipod, scope mounted lamp and sufficient battery power OH MY GOD ITS HEAVY. I reckon my total outfit weighs around 25-30 lbs

Mmmm.. Thats worth thinking about. Ive already got a t8 to go on which ever rifle i go for. Mine will be used mainly for lamping but from my vit most of the time.

I had a Tikka in 0.17 TRem, with a standrad barrel. Excellent rifle.

I've found that the main difference in accuracy of a heavy barrel v lightweight is the number of rounds you want to shoot in a session. The lightweight barrel heats up quicker of course, and so after 10 rounds or so the accuracy is affected and you have to let it cool down. With a Varmint barrel you have much, much longer before this happens.

I have had all the excitement of carrying a varmint barrelled 0.223 and 22-250 across fields and so I now have a standard barrel.

The downside is of course is if I want to have a play, then much patience is required!

Don

Well done Eoin, two nice foxes :) Which caller have you got, the Lock Vogel? (spelling) It'll be like daylight tonight with this clear sky, never a cloud around when ya want one :lol:

Ya the Lock Vogel is the one... having more luck with the aeroboard and €5 hand rabbit call..

Not a cloud in the Sky tonight so going to go for magpies and grey's in the morning hopefully plenty of frost and plenty of farmers filling troughs in the morning!! :yes:

:):yes::lol:

T3 Stainless Varmint barrel, Nightforce scope, bipod, lamp, sling, battery (getting a bigger one when flush) Mod to be got later too, caller, headlamp, about 53 layers of clothes. And the best bit, ALL hilly ground,not a flat spot in sight :P

If I could quietly bring the shottie with me as well I happily would.

It's good for ya man!!