Best Man's Speech

SNS

I pulled out (ooeerrrr), a couple of gems when l was best man for a mate several years ago, as l stood up, l put a clock on the table and announced that l was going to attempt to beat the Guinness world record for the best man's speech that currently stood at 27 hours, there was a stunned silence as a barmaid l'd bribed appeared dressed in a official looking suit and carrying a clipboard walked into the room, she announced she was from the Guinness Book of Records and pressed the start button on top of the clock.

I started my speech and about 25 minutes into, l pretended to have a coughing fit, the official stopped the clock and informed me that my attempt had been aborted as l seemed to be stalling for time, another stunned silence, then l announced, "l bet l had you all there", that got a right laugh.

When l ended my speech, l announced that the honeymoon was only going to be for 6 days, as 7 days can make a "whole week".