53gr V max .224

have you tried them already?

only ask as they have been VERY inconsistent in the past and most people I know who used them has moved on

I stuck with 50gr VMAx and them moved onto 52gr AMax (cheaper, postable and they work extremely well on foxes)

I bought some from Low Mill Ranges for a mate in Cumbria

have you tried them already?

only ask as they have been VERY inconsistent in the past and most people I know who used them has moved on

I stuck with 50gr VMAx and them moved onto 52gr AMax (cheaper, postable and they work extremely well on foxes)

I bought some from Low Mill Ranges for a mate in Cumbria

Just been told hornady range is going to be hard to get hold of, so going to get some biltz king 55's.

Thanks for you reply.

Reggiegun

Got a few 50gr and some 55gr here if there any good to you ?

Thanks for the offer mate, got some 50's and 55's. Gonna take your advice and try 55 blitz kings, sick of trying to got hold of gear thats like hens teeth lol, first Varget, then H4895 and now V max.

Reggiegun

i use the 53 gr v max in my br and get some great groups with them.have read a few times now though about people having trouble with them,have to admit that after having used some 129 gr sst that would not group that i'm going to move over to sierra bullets .could sort you out with a few hundread if your stuck

i use the 53 gr v max in my br and get some great groups with them.have read a few times now though about people having trouble with them,have to admit that after having used some 129 gr sst that would not group that i'm going to move over to sierra bullets .could sort you out with a few hundread if your stuck

Thanks for the offer pork chop, I think I need to change to 55gr, I only need 100 or so for PW weekend at catton, as other than that only use for fox, need to change to something I can get easy.

Will see you at PW weekend mate.

Reggiegun

Thanks for the offer pork chop, I think I need to change to 55gr, I only need 100 or so for PW weekend at catton, as other than that only use for fox, need to change to something I can get easy.

Will see you at PW weekend mate.

Reggiegun

Seriously, try the 52gr Amax

can even send you a few to try if you want,

they are cheaper, come in the post and you can get them ANYWHERE in the UK without having to drive to get them

I shot maybe 50-60 foxes with VMax before I was running low

tried the AMax and with the exception of one fox on the move that took the bullet just above the elbow (resulting in a larger entry wound and no exit), all of the chest shot foxes have small entry, liquidised internals and occasionally a golf ball sized exit.

load data is almost identical

Not sure which way you are meaning there but Hornady are selling EVERY bullet they can physically make so I doubt they care. In a way its good because although all manufacturers are at full capacity, many shooters are at least looking at other products until they too run dry. All the load development that must be going on behind the scenes by shooters can't hurt either, shame the powder manufacturers are stuck with all the same problems AND problems with hazardous materials too. Ships full of the stuff cant leave the Antipodes so the Aussies and Kiwis are swimming in Varget and other Hodgdon favourites so I hear. (true or not, its not here and they haven't stopped making it :-) ). I don't seem to reload much these days anyway as test rifles turn up with ammo the distributors feel fairly certain they can supply factory fodder for. PPU is always on tap and my own personal collection is deliberately based around easy to obtain components for which I have ample stock and options.

This must be great for Hornady, no stock sitting at factory, everything straight out. I take that the yanks can buy what they want and not have it taken from them, if laws change, unlike our pistol ban?

Yes they can keep it and if Obama tried taking it away there would be some serious bother.

I took this pic in 2011, I seriously doubt it looks like that now. They are ALL bullets and funnily enough, I was after some A-max there and then.

Its just amazing, you wouldn't think shooting produces so much revenue. Did Obama's lot take a bung from NRA in 2008, a fair amount of dollars I think?

No 52gr A Max or in fact ANY amax at the Importers on Tuesday. I had a back order in for maybe 4/5 months for 6mm 105's which came a couple of months back but no 52's at all.

yes but if you ring around there is still some sitting on shelves!

I picked up a box of 53gr AMax just yesterday...on its way now

Spud 1967 has 800 53gr VMax in stock