One for the air gunners

Harnser

I have two magpies ,two jays and at least three squirrels robbing my bird feeders . I have plenty of ordnance to deal with them , but not in my small back garden . My question is ,are there any air pistols out there that would deal with them ,at say about 20 to 30 feet . I might ad that I am a competent pistol shot .

Harnser

I have two magpies ,two jays and at least three squirrels robbing my bird feeders . I have plenty of ordnance to deal with them , but not in my small back garden . My question is ,are there any air pistols out there that would deal with them ,at say about 20 to 30 feet . I might ad that I am a competent pistol shot .

Harnser

Get a big backstop

It may be frowned upon but at that range a Crosman 2240 Co2 pistol will do the job .

Full power pistols are not cheap as a rule so you will get a suitable rifle for close to the same money .

I've shot both pigeons and squirrels in the garden with my Crosman 2240 - however, I would rather use my SMK XS78 .22 air rifle which is fitted with a silencer.

The unsilenced Crosman is noisy and certainly less accurate, and fitting it with a silencer un-balances it.

Be careful. As I'm sure that you are aware, all wild birds are protected by law and so cannot be killed, with the exception of those that come under the General Licence. The birds that you mention are on the Licence as pests, but it must be proven that they are either damaging crops or property, or that they pose a human health hazard. Typically, birds in your garden do neither and so it's a contentious issue and could land you in hot water.